Melanotaenia Fredericki - Sorong Rainbowfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sanj

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Rainbowfish Lovers !!

This is a rare import, never seen them on sale before in the UK, but these are currently available at MA Peterborough. They are labelled wild caught and they have apparently been imported from suppliers in Indonesia. There is some speculation as to whether they are truly wild, but unless someone can prove otherwise...

Difficult to find much info on them, Optushome provides a short description with a photo albeit not especially impressive...maybe they arent. lol

http://members.optushome.com.au/chelmon/Fredericki.htm

Anyhoo i have bought six of the lil fellas...I hope some are girls. :unsure:

Having been around quite a few outlets around the country (UK, you know the only Great country ha!), well the Maidnehead Aquatics @Peterborough is in my opinion one of the best for livestock in the country. I have seen many unusual species there, particularly excelelnt on loaches. So if you get a chance to, its worth visiting. :good:

I have not been paid to say this. lol

lol those are some cool looken rainbows! good luck with them. What size tank are they goingg in

although M. fredericki look cool when young, with their orange patch on the side, they lose the colour as they get older. They are nice enough to keep but not as brightly coloured as many rainbows. It's good to see some unusual fish coming through tho :)
Just keep them and breed them like any other rainbowfish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back