Meet our dog, Luna...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gotta admit, I'm old enough to remember when crossbred dogs were just called crossbreeds... I call my dog a Springer cross Border collie. I have a pet hate that people now cross two breeds and squash their names together, and act like that's a real breed. The "labradoodle" started it. The guy had good intentions with his cross breeding project there, but I never called my late springer/Cocker a "Sprocker" or call my current dog a "sprollie", and I cringe when people use those words seriously! (and ask for more money than a quality purebred for them!)

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a purebreed snob. I have cross breeds, love 'em, love the advantages. I just hate this newer naming convention!
Hahahhaha in Dutch we call those "vuilnisbakkies" = "garbagebins"

Here we are @AdoraBelle Dearheart! Maybe this helps...
20220625_151225.jpg

D'aaw! Sweepy Puppers!

It helps in that it made me smile! So thank you.

But I need photos of the whole body standing sideways, and to be able to see tail and paws before I'll make my official guess on breed mixes :p ;)
My UNOFFICIAL guess is still husky/collie :)
Ok! I will try to get one here in a while.

D'aaw! Sweepy Puppers!

It helps in that it made me smile! So thank you.

But I need photos of the whole body standing sideways, and to be able to see tail and paws before I'll make my official guess on breed mixes :p ;)
My UNOFFICIAL guess is still husky/collie :)
Glad she could make ya smile :)

Glad she could make ya smile :)
She's a beauty, and that coat is looking very husky like in that pic :)

I just tried to get a photo of my girl, asleep on the sofa lying on her back, paws in the air, loose spaniel lip hanging down, looking very cute! I'd been trying to take photos of the fish just before so I snuck to grab my good camera, got back and she was still asleep, so I set up the shot and turned the camera on - but the moment I pointed the lens at her, she woke up and I got a photo of a blur of black fur. Hummpff!

She's a beauty, and that coat is looking very husky like in that pic :)

I just tried to get a photo of my girl, asleep on the sofa lying on her back, paws in the air, loose spaniel lip hanging down, looking very cute! I'd been trying to take photos of the fish just before so I snuck to grab my good camera, got back and she was still asleep, so I set up the shot and turned the camera on - but the moment I pointed the lens at her, she woke up and I got a photo of a blur of black fur. Hummpff!
Lol... Yah, dogs can be funny like that sometimes 😅

I have a dog for the guess the DNA results contest. I'd had him a year before I determined he was unlike any border collie I'd ever had, so I had his DNA run. He was 3 years old in this pic, weighs about 40 lbs. His nickname is Teddy the nut job and his behavior is much like Luna's

Attachments

• TeddyFeb2017.jpg
    TeddyFeb2017.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 31
I have a dog for the guess the DNA results contest. I'd had him a year before I determined he was unlike any border collie I'd ever had, so I had his DNA run. He was 3 years old in this pic, weighs about 40 lbs. His nickname is Teddy the nut job and his behavior is much like Luna's
Adorable!
He is a collie? Interesting! Never seen one like that

He is 100% made of adorable!
Ooohh, exciting since there are already DNA results! That tail certainly looks interesting. Is it possible to see photos of him standing or jumping/playing?

he was supposed to be a border collie. He is fluffy.. Sitting in his crate, 2019. It is his cave. He loves it. 2015 on the table in the back yard. It was too well loved, I had to remove it due to dog injuries... Teddy is not an only dog. On left in the group pic. And that kennel, it's around my little back yard pond... Keeps the female cici out of it. This is a 2015 pic as well. I fostered a lot of dogs that year, my big rottie mix Bronx had mast cell. So I was home. I have pics of him jumping and running but most are a brown blur.

Attachments

• DSC_1873.JPG
    DSC_1873.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20150509_092759.jpg
    IMG_20150509_092759.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20150724_192029.jpg
    IMG_20150724_192029.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 29
I feel like I should start a Teddy thread because this is Luna's thread. His DNA is bizarre, a salesman that saw him tried to tell me he was a coy-dog (part coyote). I know he isn't because of the DNA. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

he was supposed to be a border collie. He is fluffy.. Sitting in his crate, 2019. It is his cave. He loves it. 2015 on the table in the back yard. It was too well loved, I had to remove it due to dog injuries... Teddy is not an only dog. On left in the group pic. And that kennel, it's around my little back yard pond... Keeps the female cici out of it. This is a 2015 pic as well. I fostered a lot of dogs that year, my big rottie mix Bronx had mast cell. So I was home. I have pics of him jumping and running but most are a brown blur.

Definitely not pure border collie - wow, he's a really tricky one to identify breeds in! I like the challenge :D Very cute!
I thought pitbull/German Shepherd/some kind other kind of terrier mixed in, but that tail is throwing me for a loop! the tail suggest either a basenji or a spitz is in there somewhere fairly prominently too...
And then his paws/hocks as well! Hmm, I have a feeling that the DNA results are really interesting! I honestly can't tell! So I think like mine, there's a parent or grandparent that's what they call nowadays a supermutt, so that there's a good mix of DNA in there in varying amounts :D

But my first and strongest suspicion for main or most unusual breed is that a basenji or spitz type is a big chunk.
Second - border collie (MAYBE Australian Shepherd, which we don't really have here, so I'm less familiar with them).
Third- Jack Russell.
Fourth - labrador.

So please hurry and make your guesses, @Rocky998 , 'cos I'm dying to hear what the DNA test said!

His DNA is bizarre, a salesman that saw him tried to tell me he was a coy-dog (part coyote). I know he isn't because of the DNA. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.

I can kinda see why he thought that though! Not to compare your gorgeous pup to a coyote of course (which I think are also beautiful, but we don't have those here either) but his face shape, and the stance he held in the tabletop pic, shout "fox" to me - which lends even more credence to the basenji/spitz thoughts!

But since you laughed at my guesses, I'm apparently way off base! LOL

I feel like I should start a Teddy thread because this is Luna's thread. His DNA is bizarre, a salesman that saw him tried to tell me he was a coy-dog (part coyote). I know he isn't because of the DNA. Didn't mean to hijack your thread.
It's fine! I enjoyed hearing it! But yah you should start a thread for him so that way more people can comment for him and you!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back