Meet our dog, Luna...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Went out for a walk... This her adventuring.
20220630_150442.jpg

She saw something in our friends backyard... Not sure what lol

She saw something in our friends backyard... Not sure what lol
I really want to watch, but my dog is sleeping next to me right now, so I don't want to wake her, she got so excited when she heard Luna barking in the cicada vid! lol. Please tag me in a few hours or tomorrow something to remind me to watch it then ;)

I really want to watch, but my dog is sleeping next to me right now, so I don't want to wake her, she got so excited when she heard Luna barking in the cicada vid! lol. Please tag me in a few hours or tomorrow something to remind me to watch it then ;)
That's A silent video, don't worry... I made it where there was no noise cause my mom was talking lol

Aaww, she really wants to go running around and exploring in the woods! My girl loves that too, I see you took her on a nice walk! Is she able to go off-lead? I know off-lead rules are different in the US and UK, so when I take Pixie to woodland trails here, it's okay and normal to have them off-lead as long as you have good voice control over them.

Aaww, she really wants to go running around and exploring in the woods! My girl loves that too, I see you took her on a nice walk! Is she able to go off-lead? I know off-lead rules are different in the US and UK, so when I take Pixie to woodland trails here, it's okay and normal to have them off-lead as long as you have good voice control over them.
No, if she was off leash she would take off running. Not to get away, just cause she is a very curious and explorative dog with a prey drive lol...

And sense she is stubborn she chooses when she wants to listen 😂... She is a nightmare to train 😅

No, if she was off leash she would take off running. Not to get away, just cause she is a very curious and explorative dog with a prey drive lol...

And sense she is stubborn she chooses when she wants to listen 😂... She is a nightmare to train 😅
I understand! Guardian breeds like pyrenees are very independent and known to be stubborn, since they have to work in the pastures alone most of the time and use their brains, and be very aware of potential predators they need to drive away. Not bred to be "obedience champion" type dogs! Huskies obviously also known for high prey drive, energy, stubbornness and difficulty to train!

Still worth working on training her though - she's young still, and it's not hopeless! I used a long line training lead with dogs that struggle with recall, several metres long, so they can go quite far, but you're still in control. How about private fenced paddocks or fields? My friend finds those so he can let his greyhound run free, while still being contained, but since huskies can clear six ft fences, perhaps it wouldn't work for a dog like Luna! You'll have to take up running with her or something, so she can get some of that energy out. Dogs are definitely good for keeping you in shape! :lol:

I understand! Guardian breeds like pyrenees are very independent and known to be stubborn, since they have to work in the pastures alone most of the time and use their brains, and be very aware of potential predators they need to drive away. Not bred to be "obedience champion" type dogs! Huskies obviously also known for high prey drive, energy, stubbornness and difficulty to train!

Still worth working on training her though - she's young still, and it's not hopeless! I used a long line training lead with dogs that struggle with recall, several metres long, so they can go quite far, but you're still in control. How about private fenced paddocks or fields? My friend finds those so he can let his greyhound run free, while still being contained, but since huskies can clear six ft fences, perhaps it wouldn't work for a dog like Luna! You'll have to take up running with her or something, so she can get some of that energy out. Dogs are definitely good for keeping you in shape! :lol:
We have a dog park not far from us that is a pay to go type of thing... It has a HUUUUGE field and on one side there is an obstacle course (which she loves to do) and the other side is just wide open field. Then there is a smaller fenced in area for training and a smaller one for "small and shy dogs". There is also a pool area... We take her there all the time and she loves loves loves meeting her friends there. We usually see the same dogs and Luna has this one dog she really likes and they y take off as soon as the gates open 😅. But she is never out of sight from us really... You can tell she is independent but she does check on us by doing " run bys" 😂

We have a dog park not far from us that is a pay to go type of thing... It has a HUUUUGE field and on one side there is an obstacle course (which she loves to do) and the other side is just wide open field. Then there is a smaller fenced in area for training and a smaller one for "small and shy dogs". There is also a pool area... We take her there all the time and she loves loves loves meeting her friends there. We usually see the same dogs and Luna has this one dog she really likes and they y take off as soon as the gates open 😅. But she is never out of sight from us really... You can tell she is independent but she does check on us by doing " run bys" 😂

That sounds wonderful! :D Wish we had a dog park like that here, especially the pool area and obstacle course! Pixie would love that.
Sounds perfect for Luna. She can run around loose with doggy friends - that's so fun to watch! You should get some video of her there too :D:wub:

That sounds wonderful! :D Wish we had a dog park like that here, especially the pool area and obstacle course! Pixie would love that.
Sounds perfect for Luna. She can run around loose with doggy friends - that's so fun to watch! You should get some video of her there too :D:wub:
Yah... She loves to go up on the ramps and then down and stuff... SOMETIMES she goes through the tunnels but that is very rare. But she goes up onto the platforms when asked and sometimes on her own.
I will try to get a good recording of her sometime.... But I don't want to get other people in the video or their dogs sense I am sharing it online

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back