Medication

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishface11

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi my platy has white spot on her fin and looks a little bit reddish can I use white spot control with pimafix ,I’ve posted a picture can someone pls give me advise thanks

Attachments

• C4796568-321D-41CF-84DA-C083FDD2B9AB.jpeg
    C4796568-321D-41CF-84DA-C083FDD2B9AB.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 40
  • BC5D980A-9B2E-4485-A638-DA52E63306FF.png
    BC5D980A-9B2E-4485-A638-DA52E63306FF.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 40
Looks like Ich to me. Here are a couple of different ways to treat it and a little background information:

“Ichthyophthirius, more commonly known as ‘ich’, is one the most common aquarium disease. Bettas are hardier than most other fish, but they still can develop it. Ich is a parasite that attaches itself to a fish’s skin. The parasite sucks the fish’s blood until it is big/strong enough to detach itself, then it floats to the bottom. There, it splits up and reproduces. At this point, you will not see any white spots on the fish. After some time has passed, the parasite will have ruptured, releasing hundreds of new parasites into the water, all of which are looking for a new host. Some think that Ich is not deadly for a fish because it is not internal; that is simply not true. When the parasite detaches itself, it leaves a little scab on the fish’s skin. You may not think this is such a big deal, but if the fish had hundreds of these on its gills, this can make it difficult for the fish to breath, causing death.

Treatment is simple enough but requires dedication. The ‘Heat Treatment’ is probably the most common and one of the easiest treatments. Increasing the temperature of the water to 86F for 2 weeks will usually kill off the parasite. If the water is below 75F, then the temperature should be raised to 86F slowly, over a 24-48-hour period. Another method of treatment is with any medication that contains Malachite Green. Malachite Green is a chemical that contains powerful anti-fungal properties, that can easily kill parasites. Please note that Malachite Green is known to cause cancer, so you should always wash your hands after coming into contact with this chemical.”

(https://www.fishforums.net/threads/betta-research-paper.465208/ | https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-is-ich.7092/page-2)

Just raise temp to 86F for 14 days. Vacuum substrate every couple of days and do daily water changes of 30%. That’s all you need. I had a terrible case of it and tried everything. In the end, heat and patience took care of it. Fish can handle the heat fir 14 days. :)

Just raise temp to 86F for 14 days. Vacuum substrate every couple of days and do daily water changes of 30%. That’s all you need. I had a terrible case of it and tried everything. In the end, heat and patience took care of it. Fish can handle the heat fir 14 days. :)
I have 2 angels ,2 mollies,5neons,6gold tetras,4platys and 3 little corys is ok to raise the temp with theses fish thanks

I'm not sure it is white spot. It could be calcium deposits in the fin.

Your fish will be fine with 30C/ 86F water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back