Maybe this isn't the best hobby for clumsy people

wasmewasntit

Resident Plant Killer
Reaction score
I have to wear either a sleeveless top or use a large freezer bag clip to hold a short sleeve out of the way while doing a water change. It is very embarrassing answering the door mid water change with a large bright blue clip holding a sleeve out of the way.
My postman's face used to be priceless when I opened the door to receive parcels with a plastic pinny and blue nitrile gloves on...and the occasional fish poo splat on the t-shirt 😳

He is used to it now.....and even asks how the fish are doing 😉

Rocky998

Gudgeon Man/Fry Lord
Reaction score
My postman's face used to be priceless when I opened the door to receive parcels with a plastic pinny and blue nitrile gloves on...and the occasional fish poo splat on the t-shirt 😳

"He-heres y-your mail... I-I'm gonna run now... Far away"

AdoraBelle Dearheart

Nutty fish nutter
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score

Would be even better if you were holding aloft a gravel vac in a vaguely alarming manner....

Biancah76

Reaction score
Oh yeah I don't even try to stop the water spillages during WCs anymore. I just put a towel down and deal with them after lol.
I have a designated fish towel on the tank cupboard door, not just for WC, at all times! I have a broken right shoulder though, probably shouldn't still be keeping fish! (I frequently pay friends for help with maintenance) I am particularly clumsy, once knocking a 40L trug of ( thankfully fresh) water off a stand and just watching it spread across the (especially fitted up the wall a bit) lino in tank room, spreading to not one but 2 adjourning carpets before I could get enough towels down, so now I keep a massive one at all times to use as an emergency "door stop" LOL

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I’ve overflowed the bathroom sink while pumping out my tank. I’ve overfilled my tanks several times. My best was having a Cory cat jump out of the tank, land on to my head and flopped under the tank stand. I managed to get him out and back into the tank before he expired. Adventures in fishkeeping!

Most reactions