Mating Or Fighting?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JillyL

Reaction score
Hi all, Hope everyone is well :D

I came down this morning at 5am and my two Golden Barbs were lip to lip swimming in circles(Looked so cute),then they swam around a bit and like rubbed against eachothers sides,Was it fighting? Should I leave them together? Are they/did they mate? How do Golden Barbs mate? How long are they preggers for? What do I do with the 'mummy' whens she's preggers? How do I no which one is the 'mummy'?
Any help with this would be great.
Thanks all.

Jilly

Cant help you with if they were mating or not...but if they did...barbs dont get pregnant...they scatter eggs...which would more of likely been eaten.

Isn't it best when you combind the two? No, they are egg scatterers and there mateing probably looks a bit like chaseingand lip locking is often used for sizeing a mate or rival up but usually a rival.

opcn Posted on Jul 15 2004, 08:04 AM
Isn't it best when you combind the two? No, they are egg scatterers and there mateing probably looks a bit like chaseingand lip locking is often used for sizeing a mate or rival up but usually a rival.

What do you mean combind the two?

They werent chasing eachother,they did lock lips but after that they swam side by side for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the help

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back