massive algae bloom

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
At first i was like why quarantine? But then you said you just got over ich which is a nuance to get rid of! Mystery snails cannot get ich, I mean there is an small chance they can get in there shell but it is not common, or at least to what i know. I mean if you wanted to quarantine the snail, i would recommend doing it for maybe 2 weeks or so, but you would need some algae in the quarantine tank or at least some bottom feeder tablets for the snail to eat. But I would definitely get one, the one i have has such a personality lol
Okay that’s good to know. Thanks! Yeah it was a pain but lots of folks on here helped me get through it.

Also, have you considered ostracoda (seed shrimp)? They are my go-to algae cleaning crew.
I hadn't considered seed shrimp, but I was definitely looking at the velvet blues my LFS has. Is either one significantly more efficient?

I agree with those that think this is slime algae or cyanobacteria.
If so scrape what you can off and remove. Then large water change, including clean filter, Including tubing. Decrease temp increase water flow, if fertilizing stop and blackout the tank for a few days, lights off, towel over glass keeping all light out also don't feed food.
After blackout is complete scoop up as much dead algae,do large water change and try and keep outside light like room lights, tv light , window light , any other light other than tank light out of tank as all this light contributes to algae.
Good luck!

Do shrimp eat cyanobacteria? Just out of curiosity.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back