Marsilea Crenata - Dwarf 4 Leaf Clover

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ive got some of that, it grows well but prob i found is it doesn't spread in an even way. It grows in long lines and if you need to cut off old leafs you get gaps in the line, it does spread off thees lines but very slowly. In bright light it goes a funny stunted single leaf drop shape, in low light it seems to produce more of the nice 4 leaf shape you would of picked it for.
All i say is its hard to keep the leafs close together(goes stringy and wide spread, thats my experience any way).
Its also part of the fern family.

Cheers for the reply Moody..
My lighting gives me around 1.2wpg. No c02. I might buy some reflectors and set up a DIY c02, so from what i've read reflectors roughly double intensity so thats around 2.4wpg and c02 (if i go ahead with it).

Cheers for the reply Moody..
My lighting gives me around 1.2wpg. No c02. I might buy some reflectors and set up a DIY c02, so from what i've read reflectors roughly double intensity so thats around 2.4wpg and c02 (if i go ahead with it).

Hi,

Adding reflectors wont double the intensity in the way you've described, a 30w buld will only ever give you 30w of light even with reflectors, its just that with reflectors more of the light produced by the bulb gets into the tank. I.e. (this is talking very simply) of the light produced by a 30w bulb, without a reflector you'll probably have say 20W getting to the tank, if you add a reflector you'll get most of the remaining 10w into the tank. So adding reflectors wouldn't get you 2.4WPG, you'll just get the full 1.2WPG, the only way to get 2.4WPG is to add more light bulbs, simple as that.

Sam

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back