Male Tank!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The young one

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently started my aquastart 500 and I am going for a low tech planted tank.

I have tetracomplete plant substrate and Roman black gravel on top, I have 2 11w lights which gives me about 1.5wpg.

Plants:
Limnophilia aquatica
Corkscrew vallis
Java moss
Java fern

Fish:
6 Cherry shrimp
2 Khuli loaches

Fish to be added:
5 Female siamese fighter fish
3 Octinocolus (don't know spelling)

This is my first attempt at a planted tank and would be very grateful for suggestions and criticsm.

Thanks in advance
Joe

Pictures:
CIMG0629.jpg

CIMG0630.jpg

CIMG0631.jpg

CIMG0632.jpg

CIMG0633.jpg

my male loves his coconut cave and one of my females dose but the other 3 girls dont go i them.

be careful with the ottos hun - as they get older can start to suck onto fish (just keep an eye on them as they age) - mine did so have been moved to another tank :)
I would increase the khulis to at least 4 - 6 is better - they love being in slightly larger groups

and if you decide against the ottos - 2 pitbull plecs - very small plecs and clean algae really well - need at least 2 as dont like to be kept alone

The tank itself is brilliant hun perfect for a sorority - my females love the coconut caves especially the whole ones with just one open (other open end buried in the sand)

maybe add some frogbit or something in time - my females love to sit amoung it

Thanks for the ideas pippoodle, I think I'm gunna ditch the otos as they are quite expensive around here and I heard that they die quite easily.

I will definately be getting some more khulis as I LOVE them.

Thanks
Joe

Thanks, it's a shame the betta club has been closed aswell as the other clubs.

I know you from a different forum aswell.

Ok, I've now changed this into a male tank, got him today from a very good shop, The Goldfish Bowl in Oxford.

He is called Bruno, the next one is going to be called Borat.

I can't get a pic of him flaring, he had a go at one of my cherry shrimp but gave up once he realized the cherry shrimp was quite fast.

CIMG0645.jpg

my male loves his coconut cave and one of my females dose but the other 3 girls dont go i them.

did you get a coconut cave from a certain lfs that i go to, pets at home southend

princesscoral
age 9
:fish:

Ok, I've now changed this into a male tank, got him today from a very good shop, The Goldfish Bowl in Oxford.

He is called Bruno, the next one is going to be called Borat.

I can't get a pic of him flaring, he had a go at one of my cherry shrimp but gave up once he realized the cherry shrimp was quite fast.

CIMG0645.jpg

wow!!!! he is nice i want one of those fighters but i can becuse i want a pair of angles

princesscoral
age 9
:fish:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back