Making Sure They All Get Fed?

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
I have 6 endlers and 6 galaxy rasboras in my tank. The rasboras don't come out when I feed them, they just kind of scavenge the bits that fall down. I worry they don't get enough to eat. Recently I've noticed the endlers are bloated straight after feeding, so maybe they're getting too much? I feed a tiny pinch, crushed up, once a day.
There's no way to seperate them in the tank, so how can I make sure they all eat the right amount?
 
fish don't need alot of food.

if you feed every day, thye should be all right. they will get what they need. if the endlers are bloated, you mgiht actually be feeding too much, which is alot worse than underfeeding IMO.
 
If the galaxy rasboras prefer to scavenge at feeding times, why not use a sinking pellet food for them. That way the endlers would be fed at the surface and the galaxy rasboras would be fed on the bottom of the tank.
Just a thought.
 
Hmmm, good idea Gill, I'll have a look at my LFS for something suitable ie extremely small!
 
Hmmm, good idea Gill, I'll have a look at my LFS for something suitable ie extremely small!

Have a Look for Hikari Guppy, Tiny Pellets that sink quickly.
 
Brillinat, thanks :) One LFS stocks the hikari range, so I should get lucky.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top