Mail order plants

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

emo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm wondering what the hell to do! I ordered plants from Green Line Aquatics on thursday. They arrived this morning (tuesday)... however, they sent them to my BILLING address rather than the delivery address I stated! My billing address is in Edinburgh and Delivery is in Glasgow! So it's not like it's 5 minutes down the road.

What should I do? How long are these plants going to last? Is there anything that can be done to the plants until I can collect them? There's no fish tank or flourecent lighting at the address. Could they put them all together in a bucket of water? Leave them in a source of in-direct sunlight?? If a bucket of water... what about de-chlorination? They don't have any!

Argh i'm so mad at GLA.

Anybody have any suggestions? :sad:

Most if not all tropical plants will be fine in the shipping package for a week or so. If you can dump them into a bucket with a bit of light, so much the better, but it is not the end of the world.

What did GL say? They are a pretty good firm. If they have made a mistake, they may send you a replacement, and then you get any of the others that survive as a bonus.

Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I've not been able to speak to them yet, their lines close at 12 noon on tuesdays. I'm about to ring and leave a message for them.

I'll possibly go and pick them up tonight, however it's going to cost me £10+ which is £4 less than the cost of the plants!

I suppose you could either

Get someone to post them to your delevery address overnight and see what they look like once they've arrived and get a refund on the postage.

Or

Go and pick them up and get a refund on the petrol or just ask for a replacement to be sent to the correct address

Personally id wait till i spoke to him and explain what happened, ive heard great things so im sure he'll sort you out

:) greenline are very good usually.... give him a call before you go driving to get your plants... he may well replace them if the mistake was thiers...or at least offer to refund your postage on the plants from the other address :D

I have found them to be very good. If indeed he has made a mistake on the delivery i am sure he would help out. Evenso the plants should be fine for a while in transit. They are usually well packed.

Is the parcel being held at a post office?

If so you can get it moved to a different post office for a small charge.

i left plants that in the bags that they came in for 4 days and the leaves started to rot and decompose, :no:

I got the plants yesterday... my dad drove over with them... life saver.

I've spoken to Alan at GLA twice now, he's been a massive help. He said it was just a mistake, the lady I spoke to when I ordered them must have written the addresses the wrong way round. No biggie. Maybe it was my scottish accent? :unsure:

He offered to refund the entire order, but I said I would be more than happy with less than half that just so I can refund my dad's petrol expense.

I'll definetally be ordering from GLA again... the plants are fantastic. Service is brilliant. I'm now a happy planted tank bunny. :X

planted.jpg

Shot just before I started cycling it tonight.... can't wait till it's done.
Need to get some bogwood however :sly:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back