Loud Filtration

Freshwater Sucker Fish

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
122
Reaction score
35
Points
28
Location
Canada
I need some advice. My 55 gal tank is cycling and being prepared for new fish. I just bought the tank a few days ago. It came with a filtration system. it is quiet at first but hours later it makes the lid vibrate and is loud and annoying. What's the reason for this. I need thoughts and advice. Note its just the vibration that's annoying.
 
What type of filter do you have? There are internal, canister, hang on back, trickle filters built into the hood, sponge filters powered by an air pump. Different types have different ways of sorting out noise
 
I have a hang on back filter here's a picture

Note: there is a lid that when on top it vibrates making noise.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210804_184204760.webp
    PXL_20210804_184204760.webp
    118 KB · Views: 153
Try a piece of foam to wedge it in place.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top