Looking For Work/apprenticeship

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
does anybody know of any good websites where i can search for an apprenticeship, so far the only decent helpful website i've found is connexions, cant seem to find any others
can anybody suggest some websites for me to check out :) ? thanks !

apprenticeships.org.uk

helpyouchoose.co.uk.

they were sent to me from a local college, so should be good. though i think you actually end up on the same website anyway. apprenticeship is the way to go if youve just left school, experience of work and learning on the job seems to be what employers are after. i done a levels at college and it got me nowhere.

thanks a lot :) hey atleast you have some a level qualifications behind you if you ever need them :)!
i left school with very poor GCSE grades and didnt stay on or go college, which is why im looking to find something i can get a decent qualification out of, i would like to get myself somewhere in life so i dont wanna just sit around doing nothing now i've finally decided to get off my backside :p haha

Apprenticeship is all very well if you live with people willing to pay your bills...

You do realise you work your backside off for about £3 an hour for most places... mental, i looked at apprenticeships and decided no way was i going to work that hard for next to nothing...

How ironic now in full time work im earning so little :shifty: but ahh well...

People look down jobs in places like Tescos and Sainsburys.. but night shifts stacknig shelves get you £10+ an hour and its easy work... plus its really easy to work your way through the ranks if you put some effort into it. How good does it look on a CV that yes.. it took you 3-4 years but you work your way from night shifts right into a managerial position :p

Managerial experience completely changes the kind of job you can apply for!

Might sound stupid but believe me... makes a lot of sense!

I did a diploma in animal management instead of A levels and wasted two years of my life (if you are considering it.... dont bother... its a diploma, people want a levels). Now looking at studying Psychology with The Open University via online (mainly) courses! :)

Get down to your local careers fair, they're happening all the time, there are always big companies there looking for people wanting apprenticeships, but as above, the pay is terrible and most of them you'll only leave with an A-level equivalent qualification (Lvl 3)

I'm currently wasting 2 years doing A-levels (in my second year) I want to quit but there's no point, I have no intentions of going to university, I'm just going to learn to drive and get a full time job when I finish, that's providing I can find one.

I started as an apprentice. The pay was rubbish, but at the time there was loads of overtime to bump up my pay. Then when i did manage to land a full time job i had HMC look over my P60's and landed a tax back payment of around £4500... :D Nice little bonus. 6 years later i am now a team leader within a different authority.

The pay would be rubbish if i didn't have the overtime to fall back on, but i did, so it wasn't too bad. It probably would be now though as there is none. :/ An apprentiship is a great way to get on the ladder, but as stated, so is any local supermarkets that are taking on... Especially night shifts.

Honestly SBS, however pointless it seems... go to uni! A levels mean nothing to emplyers when there are so many uni graduates begging to do any job going!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back