Looking For Suggestions

erk628

Fish Herder
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
1,232
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Lima Ohio USA
Ive got a ten gallon I'm wanting to do something with this weekend and am looking for suggestions. I'd like to have a peaceful community tank with as many fish as I can for a 10 gallon. I'm looking for fish that do best in schools. I was think maybe some tetras maybe some corys and maybe some guppies. I like the look of the fancy tailed but is 10 gallon big enough. Anyone have any ideas of different combinations etc. Also how many should I get of each.

Thanks!
 
I know how exciting a new tank can be but I must ask. Have you been doing a fishless cycle on that tank for the last month or so? If not please read the sticky on fishless cycling and take care of your new filter before stocking the tank with fish.
If you have cycled, I would be looking for the smallest fish available. That way you might get away with 8 or 10 fish altogether.
 
I know how exciting a new tank can be but I must ask. Have you been doing a fishless cycle on that tank for the last month or so? If not please read the sticky on fishless cycling and take care of your new filter before stocking the tank with fish.
If you have cycled, I would be looking for the smallest fish available. That way you might get away with 8 or 10 fish altogether.


I had fish in the ten gallon up tell about a week ago then they went to a bigger tank. The filter I had on there went on another tank. So yes my filter is cycled and is ready to go back on the 10 gallon.
 
If I can make a suggestion, Google nanofish - and have a look at Frank's Aquarium.
Don't know how many of these might be available in your area, but you might get some ideas.
 
If I can make a suggestion, Google nanofish - and have a look at Frank's Aquarium.
Don't know how many of these might be available in your area, but you might get some ideas.

Thanks for that info, there are some really nice fish in there and it has giving me some ideas. Thanks again!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top