Looking For A Nice White Sand Any Suggestions

caliskier

New Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi, I have searched the fourm and have seen that great sand topic, but wanted to know if anyone can tell me more about sand color. Which one comes it a nice white?

I have heard that pool filter sand is one of the better ones to go with, but the kind I bought is cardboard color and I am not sure I am going to like that in my 125 gal tank. Have not put it in yet, and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on weather or not it comes in a lighter color or what other sands will work that are white. If not, perhaps someone can sugest a way to make it look better.

Oh, one more thing, can you put air stones under sand or does this just make a mess?
 
i bought my sand from argos. Argos play sand £2.49 per 15kg. mine is nice and white especially with the lights i have and i also have air stones in my tank. not burried right into the sand cos that really makes a mess but just a little submerged.
 
White sand is pretty - until your fish start pooing all over it! You're gonna find that you're vaccing a lot more than before...


...that I know from experience. Doh.
:X
 
White sand is pretty - until your fish start pooing all over it! You're gonna find that you're vaccing a lot more than before...


...that I know from experience. Doh.
:X


Where are you getting the white sand? all I can find is tan or brown.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top