Looking For A Crawfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I will try to look into the list of no ship states on them do not like to bend the rules on shipping things as fines get ridiculously high.
Alright; thanks! They said they'd try and call me back sometime next week with an answer

LOL! But if you break their rules, you will be fined immediately!
XD my friend labeled the box: "for scientific research" and had no problems!

I still have like 15 in mommas tank right now I talked to my buddy and understand how I should pack em so I will price that out and talk to the post office about shipping cost sat so we know what it will cost if I can. Once ya hear from em we can get a few sent your way :p.

I still have like 15 in mommas tank right now I talked to my buddy and understand how I should pack em so I will price that out and talk to the post office about shipping cost sat so we know what it will cost if I can. Once ya hear from em we can get a few sent your way :p.

Still awaiting that call! :) thanks!

Well, just heard back and here's exactly what they said: "you should be okay"

Well, just heard back and here's exactly what they said: "you should be okay"

I hope you got their name.

No.. Forgot to do that, should I call back and do this all over? X.x

It's funny to me that the people you speak to at the office there have no clue what's going on. It's always been that way here in California. I called once years ago to ask a question about the legality of retailing a certain fish, and the person I spoke to obviously viewed english as his not so important second language! However, the officers and agents are very sharp, and they are the ones that do the law enforcement. I hunt and fish, so I get a chance to talk with the officers from time to time. I always keep a list of questions for them.

I will see what I can do about shipping you some by the end of the week I have had an insanely busy holiday season as this is the first time in a week I have touched my computer. The babys in my tank are now 1/2 inchm or so and will need to move on soon so hopefully I can get to the dang post office. Message me an address and I will send soon as I can and let ya know the shipping cost. Shouldnt be bad.

I will see what I can do about shipping you some by the end of the week I have had an insanely busy holiday season as this is the first time in a week I have touched my computer. The babys in my tank are now 1/2 inchm or so and will need to move on soon so hopefully I can get to the dang post office. Message me an address and I will send soon as I can and let ya know the shipping cost. Shouldnt be bad.

Alright! I sent you my address, just let me know when you can how much it is :)

Gonna check shipping options thursday and grab whatever box I need then will let ya know price then and ship out monday morning. Was gonna try to do it this week but I am worried about the extra time from sunday being in the middle. Sorry not getting done faster been a little nuts here between holidays and some other family stuffs. Gonna shoot for the cheapest reasonable shipping time cant have the little buggers in there forever.

Gonna check shipping options thursday and grab whatever box I need then will let ya know price then and ship out monday morning. Was gonna try to do it this week but I am worried about the extra time from sunday being in the middle. Sorry not getting done faster been a little nuts here between holidays and some other family stuffs. Gonna shoot for the cheapest reasonable shipping time cant have the little buggers in there forever.

Oh of course! I understand, I put off having my bettas shipped until January 2nd to be sure most the holiday problems would be gone!

That was... TERRIFYING to say the least!! They got here, and I almost ran to get the mail - then I picked up the box and noticed the corner was wet!! I took off sprinting to say the least! I ran upstairs to where I had their tanks set up an started ripping the box open! I finally got it open and saw that everyone was fine and still had water. I thought for sure I was opening a box to see 3 dead ones. They all had water still, so, it looks like one of them may have had a small leak. Otherwise, everyone looks healthy and are acclimating to the water at the moment!

That was... TERRIFYING to say the least!! They got here, and I almost ran to get the mail - then I picked up the box and noticed the corner was wet!! I took off sprinting to say the least! I ran upstairs to where I had their tanks set up an started ripping the box open! I finally got it open and saw that everyone was fine and still had water. I thought for sure I was opening a box to see 3 dead ones. They all had water still, so, it looks like one of them may have had a small leak. Otherwise, everyone looks healthy and are acclimating to the water at the moment!

Craziness I double bagged everyone so there were two leaks o.o and I gave everyone thier own bag to avoid close quarters fighting! I guess with cray its not that shocking two days in a bag when you have very pointy claws ya may try to dig yer way out. The darker of the two females is almost as dark as the momma the other two are the shade of my male. :p should be one male two females if I recall I did a quick check as I bagged em. Hope you enjoy em I gave one to a friend at work to give his daughter for her birthday(he does the work she just enjoys em) Hers is the dark blue and lives in a castle so she named it cnderella :D 5 year olds ftw.

Next time I ship some somewhere I will do it with smaller ones so they cannot tear up the nag as easy 1/2 inch-1inch is just to big i guess :D

I noticed their colors differ!! Love it!!

XD moving them to their tanks was fun xD I forgot how irrationally scared of them I am! I waited until it was dark to move them, thinking it would make them more at ease - I could see fine though! I picked the smaller one to get to know, hoping she wouldn't be jumpy.... I was wrong... She was EXTREMELY JUMPY - which was horrible because when she jumped, I jumped! I finally calmed enough to cover the container and put her in her tank - I don't think I shall like them that close to me again... I like the few inches of water cushion I get when they are in their tanks!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back