Looking For A Crawfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking to get one or two crawfish for my tanks, but everywhere wants a good $10 for just one. Is there anywhere I can get two for that price with shipping if its online? I'm in southern california if that helps!

Oh, okay. Sorry I dont know of any in South Ca.

No worries. My local fish store usually has them, but they're currently out of stock until about June, but i'll be moved by then. I need to get them before I move though. Thanks!

No worries. My local fish store usually has them, but they're currently out of stock until about June, but i'll be moved by then. I need to get them before I move though. Thanks!

I have a tank full of baby electric blue lobsters. (Blue florida crayfish) I believe mine are procambrius alleni (may be clarki my male seems alleni and female seems clarki is kinda odd). I have no stuff to ship them with and have never tried to do so. So I am not sure what I need if we can figure that stuff out and ya done mind covering shipping from ohio and the packaging stuffs I could prolly send you a couple if ya dont mind em being 1/4 inch or less. at that size I of course have no idea if they are male or female. mainly cus I have never tried to look when they are that small. I have a doubt it would be less then $10 a piece to do all this since I think they will need a heat pack this time of year.

I have a tank full of baby electric blue lobsters. (Blue florida crayfish) I believe mine are procambrius alleni (may be clarki my male seems alleni and female seems clarki is kinda odd). I have no stuff to ship them with and have never tried to do so. So I am not sure what I need if we can figure that stuff out and ya done mind covering shipping from ohio and the packaging stuffs I could prolly send you a couple if ya dont mind em being 1/4 inch or less. at that size I of course have no idea if they are male or female. mainly cus I have never tried to look when they are that small. I have a doubt it would be less then $10 a piece to do all this since I think they will need a heat pack this time of year.

That would be awesome. If you could put them in a small flat rate shipping box, shipping would be $5.20. If they could fit in that size! That would be very awesome if we could work something out!

Are you looking for a certain species?
Not really, I'm interested in anything, even some lousianna red haha or anything!

I'm guessing you're aware that P. clarkii are invasive here in So Cal. They are found in many streams here locally. They get pretty big.
0811001329.jpg

Not really, I'm interested in anything, even some lousianna red haha or anything!

I will try to hit the post office monday and see how big the box is and what one of the little hand warmer packs would run everyone on aquabid uses them to try and keep the crays warm in transit. once we know roughly what were looking at I would love to give it a go cus if we can successfully send them to you my next batch will go up for sale instead of for store credit. I just mad a post with some pics of the babys by the way we will send you 3 of the biggest in case one of em does not make it if they all do you can donate one or something. I will make a post in general discussion for advice on how to send em.

I will try to hit the post office monday and see how big the box is and what one of the little hand warmer packs would run everyone on aquabid uses them to try and keep the crays warm in transit. once we know roughly what were looking at I would love to give it a go cus if we can successfully send them to you my next batch will go up for sale instead of for store credit. I just mad a post with some pics of the babys by the way we will send you 3 of the biggest in case one of em does not make it if they all do you can donate one or something. I will make a post in general discussion for advice on how to send em.

That would be awesome! I'll go check out the pics. The medium flat rate box is like $10 and you can fit shoes in it..

I'm guessing you're aware that P. clarkii are invasive here in So Cal. They are found in many streams here locally. They get pretty big.
0811001329.jpg

My original plan had been to head down to the lake and catch one or two, but then I realized its winter. I was unaware they're an invasive species :/

Usually you can still find them, even in Winter. Binge's Blues are way cooler though. Plus they are tank raised so no worries about introducing hitch hikers into your tank.

Usually you can still find them, even in Winter. Binge's Blues are way cooler though. Plus they are tank raised so no worries about introducing hitch hikers into your tank.

I didn't know you could, the local catchers told me you couldn't find them in winter

I didn't know you could, the local catchers told me you couldn't find them in winter

I still find them in Winter, mostly in streams and drainage ditches. Mostly small ones this time of year. How far south are you? Maybe it's due to the latitude.

I'm about an hour from san Diego and an hour from Los Angeles

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back