Looking For A Crawfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I will try to hit the post office monday and see how big the box is and what one of the little hand warmer packs would run everyone on aquabid uses them to try and keep the crays warm in transit. once we know roughly what were looking at I would love to give it a go cus if we can successfully send them to you my next batch will go up for sale instead of for store credit. I just mad a post with some pics of the babys by the way we will send you 3 of the biggest in case one of em does not make it if they all do you can donate one or something. I will make a post in general discussion for advice on how to send em.

Honestly, you could mail me any amount up to 6 depending on how many you want to get rid of LOL

Maybe this is close to home for you. My usual method is to hike the creeks with a doubled up fish bag and a medium sized net in my backpack. Scoop up under the moss around the edges.

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/SpecimenViewer.aspx?SpecimenID=265076

I will try to hit the post office monday and see how big the box is and what one of the little hand warmer packs would run everyone on aquabid uses them to try and keep the crays warm in transit. once we know roughly what were looking at I would love to give it a go cus if we can successfully send them to you my next batch will go up for sale instead of for store credit. I just mad a post with some pics of the babys by the way we will send you 3 of the biggest in case one of em does not make it if they all do you can donate one or something. I will make a post in general discussion for advice on how to send em.

Honestly, you could mail me any amount up to 6 depending on how many you want to get rid of LOL
I get store credit for em but will gladly pass a few on to someone Did not get any advice on the post a made about shipping em though. I work with a guy that breeds almost everything I can think of I will ask him how I should send em monday and post again on monday night.

I get store credit for em but will gladly pass a few on to someone Did not get any advice on the post a made about shipping em though. I work with a guy that breeds almost everything I can think of I will ask him how I should send em monday and post again on monday night.

Alright! Thanks! Can't wait to hear more :)

That is a pretty cray creeker. I have to stop lookign at pictures of them I already want more 10 gallons for some snow white alleni.

That is a pretty cray creeker. I have to stop lookign at pictures of them I already want more 10 gallons for some snow white alleni.

I've never seen a snow white alleni, they sound cool

He was gorgeous, I have not been able to talk to my buddy at work yet do to a co worker being injured I am coverign his work in a different area so I do not see my fishy friend I will have to do some research or just try triple bagging and bubble wrap or something. By the california is not one of the states it is illegal to ship crayfish to is it?

He was gorgeous, I have not been able to talk to my buddy at work yet do to a co worker being injured I am coverign his work in a different area so I do not see my fishy friend I will have to do some research or just try triple bagging and bubble wrap or something. By the california is not one of the states it is illegal to ship crayfish to is it?

I didn't think about that... It would appear it is illegal :'( I'm moving out of state in 6months to a year, maybe we could try then? I'm so sorry, I didn't think about it being illegal because the fish stores carry them

EDIT: I also just read that it's not illegal.. I'll call fish and game tonight

Yeah just make sure there is like 8 or 10 states that will not allow it and california being as libral a state as it is kinda gives me pause :p

Yeah just make sure there is like 8 or 10 states that will not allow it and california being as libral a state as it is kinda gives me pause :p

Sent you a message Binge

Currently on the phone lol. Best answer yet? "I don't think you can import live fish anywhere..." :lol:

Update: being bounced to the third person haha

LOL! I could have warned you about DFG. It's like wading uphill through knee deep mud dealing with them. So hard to get a straight answer out of anyone there. You will probably need a permit to import that species. MissMarie, this may sound odd, but have you tried checking out any bait shops? Some of them carry live crayfish as bait. You might have to make a few calls, but I'm certain you will find some. They are popular specialty bait for catching big Largemouth Bass.

LOL! I could have warned you about DFG. It's like wading uphill through knee deep mud dealing with them. So hard to get a straight answer out of anyone there. You will probably need a permit to import that species. MissMarie, this may sound odd, but have you tried checking out any bait shops? Some of them carry live crayfish as bait. You might have to make a few calls, but I'm certain you will find some. They are popular specialty bait for catching big Largemouth Bass.
You're brilliant Creeker!! I just called the only one in town, and they sell them for a $1.20 each or $12 for a dozen, compared to $10 each at a pet store!!

I will try to look into the list of no ship states on them do not like to bend the rules on shipping things as fines get ridiculously high.

I will try to look into the list of no ship states on them do not like to bend the rules on shipping things as fines get ridiculously high.
Alright; thanks! They said they'd try and call me back sometime next week with an answer

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay

Members online

Back