looking for 4 more species of plants :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How often do you put the tabs in the substrate next to the roots?

IME, Java fresh won’t readily accept root tabs. I didn’t give mine a single root tab in 2 years, and it’s almost quadrupled in size.
it is floating right now....
ill plannt it.
where does it likethe lighting?

I have found that pogostemon stellata ''octopus'' is a very fast growing and easy plant to keep.
alright!
what are your ferts with it?
light requiremtents (from your expecience

@Sgooosh
Why not Bolbitis "african (Congo) water fern" heudelotii ? Beautiful dark green when submerged, need in light low or high. Do not burry its rhizome or attach it on root (same way as Anubias).

Last edited:
You can also play on the many different Anubias leaf shapes (and sizes). Or long wawy leaves of Echinodorus vesuvius.

Last edited:
alright!
what are your ferts with it?
light requiremtents (from your expecience
I started it in a high tech, high light tank until it got waaayyy out of hand, at which point I planted it in a low tech, medium light 120 gal SA community, where it is thriving with a root tab once a month, per plant.

weird lookin plant.
is it a crypt?
Mmm no, it is a Crinum (calamistratum or natans) :lol:;) no particuliar need. Incredible shape. I recommand to convolute it around spiderroots.
Aponogeton fenestralis is easy to care, madagascariensis less easy. Both are beautiful

weird lookin plant.
is it a crypt?
thinking about geting that long crypt thing
im not sure if it is availible
is it easyto care for?
if it is and it is availible i will def get it!!

yeah, thinking about aponogetgon for a long time already.

my lfs sometimes has that. if its there ill get it
If you go with the lace plant (Aponogeton fenestralis) there are different varieties. Why is this important - some have narrow leaves (1/4 to 1/2 inch) that are maybe 6 to 8 inches long others have wide leaves more than 4 inches wide and over 20 inches long and all sorts in between. I made the mistake of thinking they were all the same so i had a small one in my 29 and added another on the other side of the tank that well basically covered the entire tank.

If you go with the lace plant (Aponogeton fenestralis) there are different varieties. Why is this important - some have narrow leaves (1/4 to 1/2 inch) that are maybe 6 to 8 inches long others have wide leaves more than 4 inches wide and over 20 inches long and all sorts in between. I made the mistake of thinking they were all the same so i had a small one in my 29 and added another on the other side of the tank that well basically covered the entire tank.
id like any plant that will grow all over the tank!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back