London Riots

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It just goes to show, when you have a nation of youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, this is just what happens, they take any opportunity again. Give the police the right to use force and you will see these kids will just run back to their mothers.

I wish we could just chock it up to kids being bad but any riots I've heard of usually aren't just restricted to young people.

But it literally is youths taking advantage, you look at the rioters on television they are all young....

It just goes to show, when you have a nation of youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, this is just what happens, they take any opportunity again. Give the police the right to use force and you will see these kids will just run back to their mothers.

I wish we could just chock it up to kids being bad but any riots I've heard of usually aren't just restricted to young people.

But it literally is youths taking advantage, you look at the rioters on television they are all young....

Surprising! That usually isn't the case from what I've seen when riots happen in North America. Where the heck are the parents in all this hoopla? Man alive if my kid were involved in any of it, I'd want to whoop 'em senseless! What an awful thing to be going on :sad:

Surprising! That usually isn't the case from what I've seen when riots happen in North America. Where the heck are the parents in all this hoopla? Man alive if my kid were involved in any of it, I'd want to whoop 'em senseless! What an awful thing to be going on :sad:
Yeah, although it started as a protest it's just turned into people organising themselves to set places on fire and steal stuff. I'm also shocked at the apparent inability of parents to control their kids, but I suspect some of them are actually out with their parents. The guise of it being about public sector cuts or unfair police power or whatever is just that, a guise. It's just an excuse go let go of our usual British stoicism and get some free food/consumables.

It's pretty scary, there's reports on fb of things starting in dartford which is 5 mins from me, I hope they don't attack living reef I'm going there Friday. Still quite scary tho working it's way down here from London.

Nah, I don't think they would attack LR. Its quite far away either Crayford or Dartford (the two nearest commercial areas) & doubt youths would be interested in stealing fish and corals and whatnot.

Unless they decided just to smash something up is what I was thinking, what causes more mess than anything? Smashing up a load of fish tanks.

Just seen the news, apparently, the motive for the riot is because police are stop searching young black males. :blink:

Just seen the news, apparently, the motive for the riot is because police are stop searching young black males. :blink:

there were a lot of 'reasons' being thrown around on Newsnight last night and I could not fathom any of them.

stop-searching black males.....then why were lots of the vandals white?)
loss of youth centers.....I almost laughed my head off, as if any of these looters go to a youth club!
The youth realising they have no job prospects.....so they go and steal trainers?

It all started with the police shooting a few days ago, which seemed to kick-start it, but everything since then seems to have been very random acts of pillaging and arson that has spiralled out of control. There is no 'reason' for the majority of it as far as I can tell, just oppurtunistic crime and destruction of property for the hell of it.

Hope it doesnt come to peterborough five minutes from me its ridiculas ( but disagree its just youth as if you look at current riots on the new majority are 25-30 year olds

They need to get over there selfs and realize that if some one carrys a gun in uk then theres gonna be repercusions

Tear gas, LTL Shottys and water cannons.... job done.

These arseholes, need to be taught that you cannot just do what you want. But as ever the UK GOV is to soft to allow such action to take place, so we have to sit by and let these morons, loot and pillage..

//Conti

Im starting to worry about my boyfriend who works in manchester and has to walk and drive right through the centre of manchester.

My thoughts on the riots are:
Man got shot, so peaceful protest commenced.
Thugs saw the protest, and thought, hey, a chance to do some damage.
More thugs joined in because their mates joined in.
Ordinary people get 'mob mentality' and because of what has happened in the past year or so, people are very angry and confused as to what our government is, and thought, hey, cameron might take notice if i smash a window.
More ordniary people join in.
People in other parts of London see the commotion, they join in.
PEople in other towns and citites, affected by the cuts/government, see the commotion and think, hey i can smash a few windows too.

And so it spreads.

But poor david cameron having to cut short his holiday. He needs to get off his #14### and stop making all these cuts at once and actually do what is right for the people of our country, not person.

*some stuff*

But poor david cameron having to cut short his holiday. He needs to get off his #14### and stop making all these cuts at once and actually do what is right for the people of our country, not person.

Im not sure what the rules on politics are in this forum.... But i will just say one thing.

If we do not make cuts, this country will be more up crap creek than we already are... We need to make cuts, we need to reduce debt. Cuts are always painful, but they are not making them to spite the general population, it is something that NEEDS to be done. Unfortuantly with the way the economy is going, the cuts are biting hard, but without them, in 2-3 years we really would be up the creek with out a rowing implement.

//Conti

*some stuff*

Im not sure what the rules on politics are in this forum.... But i will just say one thing.

If we do not make cuts, this country will be more up crap creek than we already are... We need to make cuts, we need to reduce debt. Cuts are always painful, but they are not making them to spite the general population, it is something that NEEDS to be done. Unfortuantly with the way the economy is going, the cuts are biting hard, but without them, in 2-3 years we really would be up the creek with out a rowing implement.

//Conti

I agree.

If people stuck together through these tough times and helped each other out we'd be doing alright.

Trouble is the world we live in is very selfish with most people just looking out for themselves and will do what they can to have more than the person next door.

Take these riots, who do you think will pay for all the damages to be fixed? The Taxpayer! Do the rioters care? Of course not, they've no doubt pocketed several hundred in merchandise they will no doubt sell on if not more, and are no doubt on benefits that we the tax payer are funding!

Its about time serious action is taken! shoot the scrotes will rubber bullets, taze them, give them the water cannon do what u can to catch them and punish them the way you would a terrorist! After all whats the difference between them and terrorists? It's about time the police sent out a message

We have all these measures in place to combat terrorism but we can’t stop a few kids on the rampage. Makes me sick!!!!!!

We have all these measures in place to combat terrorism but we can’t stop a few kids on the rampage. Makes me sick!!!!!!

It was a bit more than a few, thousands more like, but yes, were soft.

*some stuff*

//Conti

I agree.

If people stuck together through these tough times and helped each other out we'd be doing alright.

Trouble is the world we live in is very selfish with most people just looking out for themselves and will do what they can to have more than the person next door.

Take these riots, who do you think will pay for all the damages to be fixed? The Taxpayer! Do the rioters care? Of course not, they've no doubt pocketed several hundred in merchandise they will no doubt sell on if not more, and are no doubt on benefits that we the tax payer are funding!

Its about time serious action is taken! shoot the scrotes will rubber bullets, taze them, give them the water cannon do what u can to catch them and punish them the way you would a terrorist! After all whats the difference between them and terrorists? It's about time the police sent out a message

Wow someone who agrees with me, i was expecting a flame... i had my asbestos pants on ready to go :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back