London Riots

*some stuff*

But poor david cameron having to cut short his holiday. He needs to get off his #14### and stop making all these cuts at once and actually do what is right for the people of our country, not person.

Im not sure what the rules on politics are in this forum.... But i will just say one thing.

If we do not make cuts, this country will be more up crap creek than we already are... We need to make cuts, we need to reduce debt. Cuts are always painful, but they are not making them to spite the general population, it is something that NEEDS to be done. Unfortuantly with the way the economy is going, the cuts are biting hard, but without them, in 2-3 years we really would be up the creek with out a rowing implement.

//Conti

Agreed 100%

*some stuff*

But poor david cameron having to cut short his holiday. He needs to get off his #14### and stop making all these cuts at once and actually do what is right for the people of our country, not person.

Im not sure what the rules on politics are in this forum.... But i will just say one thing.

If we do not make cuts, this country will be more up crap creek than we already are... We need to make cuts, we need to reduce debt. Cuts are always painful, but they are not making them to spite the general population, it is something that NEEDS to be done. Unfortuantly with the way the economy is going, the cuts are biting hard, but without them, in 2-3 years we really would be up the creek with out a rowing implement.

//Conti

How rude to just pass off my opinions as 'some stuff' but whatever, your opinion i wanst even trying to start a political type thing, its just my opinion that the riots are partly if not all his fault.

*some stuff*

//Conti

How rude to just pass off my opinions as 'some stuff' but whatever, your opinion i wanst even trying to start a political type thing, its just my opinion that the riots are partly if not all his fault.

I wasnt passing your opinion off as some stuff. That text was irrelevance to the point i was making re your last sentence.... Apologies if you miss read that.

I agree with Continuity in that the government has no choice but to make cuts or we'll end up in a much worse mess. I don't think it's the fault of the government, it's the fault of those idiots who have no respect for other people's property and don't care who gets hurt as long as they end up better off.

I think that the police should have handled the situation a lot better though. The problem is that they are too scared to act, as they'll end up in trouble because of all of PC rubbish.

I agree with Continuity in that the government has no choice but to make cuts or we'll end up in a much worse mess. I don't think it's the fault of the government, it's the fault of those idiots who have no respect for other people's property and don't care who gets hurt as long as they end up better off.

I think that the police should have handled the situation a lot better though. The problem is that they are too scared to act, as they'll end up in trouble because of all of PC rubbish.
I would say they are not too scared to act, rather, they are unable to act for fear of losing their jobs, and their freedom.

just to reiterate, that 'politics' isn't a subject for TFF. While the mod team don't mind the discussions on the London riots, lets keep it on track and not go down the politics route.

thanks guys and girls.

Shops in Derby closing early tonight, bins alight in Sinfin, 40 cars smashed up in Nottingham and efforts to break into the Victoria centre, I just hope there is no trouble tonight as there are numerous Carling Cup fixture's across the country.

I believe all the matches around the London area have been postponed, but im unaware around the UK

My dad just informed me he saw a Police Van with HEDDLU written across it, in Mayfair, London. Seems they have seriously took police from everywhere lol

News hit the nail on the head earlier which is quite unusual, "This is what happens when there are no police around to stop people" and that it is literally what happened.

I live in Peckham .. There was major fire three blocks from us yesterday.. This not riot .. Locals looting local shops.. I went to eastham last night where my relatives have juwellry shops. We gathered in 100s in the town center to make sure nobody come and loot our relatives shop.. No police there at all.. But no thugs dare come in there..

Ps.. Most of the Sri lankan Tamils living in uk are battle trained by Tamil tigers to defend 300 time bigger Sri lankan military who is trained by SAS and green barat..

If anything gos bad in eastham.. This stupid thugs have no chance..

I think the problem in this country is too much freedom..

To be honest this angers me for teo reasons. Firstly for them doing this and just causing major disruption and secondly as we've had this business in Northern Ireland for years, constant riots with and the PSNI can do nothing about it. The army is useless, what are they really going to do? They cannot go round shooting people for little or no reason like they did in Northern Ireland years ago. The army cannot do much. Let's face it, as bad as it is none of them deserve to be shot. Yes they're theiving wee #105###es with little to do but as I said, we've put up with it for years even with the army there. There only seems to have been some level of peace since the army pulled out of N.I.

People will always rule, not governments, Police forces, army or the polititions. Look at how the fuel companies brought the UK to their knees a number of years ago.

To be honest this angers me for teo reasons. Firstly for them doing this and just causing major disruption and secondly as we've had this business in Northern Ireland for years, constant riots with and the PSNI can do nothing about it. The army is useless, what are they really going to do? They cannot go round shooting people for little or no reason like they did in Northern Ireland years ago. The army cannot do much. Let's face it, as bad as it is none of them deserve to be shot. Yes they're theiving wee #105###es with little to do but as I said, we've put up with it for years even with the army there. There only seems to have been some level of peace since the army pulled out of N.I.

People will always rule, not governments, Police forces, army or the polititions. Look at how the fuel companies brought the UK to their knees a number of years ago.

I think this is to do with the sheer scale of it, im 21 and I cant comment on much of the Northern Ireland riots as I dont have much knowledge of it to be quite honest. But literally the police could not keep up with them, the police are way outnumbered and are having to control a maze of streets. It takes seconds to start a fire, they cant police it. I dont think we can just put up with it like that, I feel to go police it myself like Vin did

This is UK wide now too

I think this is to do with the sheer scale of it, im 21 and I cant comment on much of the Northern Ireland riots as I dont have much knowledge of it to be quite honest. But literally the police could not keep up with them, the police are way outnumbered and are having to control a maze of streets. It takes seconds to start a fire, they cant police it. I dont think we can just put up with it like that, I feel to go police it myself like Vin did

The police in my town are always outnumbered too. For a riot to start there has to be a number of people that outnumber the ammount of police available or else it would be under control.
I'm not suggesting that anyone should put up with it but what are you going to do? Join some vigilanties and kill them all?
I'm not saying this is a good thing but it is a step forward for Northern Ireland as maybe the government will look at what's been going on in my country for years and the attitude was "its their problem"

I do hope no one gets injured or worse and hope everyones properties are ok.

100% I agree the Government will look at NI and say how did they cope. But because its distant they turnt a blind eye in a way. Now its happening on their doorstep they are livening up. Actually scrap that they probably wont even think two secs about NI, selfish buggers.

The other problem is, there is no motive and the fact that they are being 'allowed' to take stuff is just encouraging them

Slightly off topic but the police in NI actually train the English police about riots and teach them the best way to deal with them

Most reactions

Back