Lobster

probably but its not just a case of buying a lobster and putting it in a tank and watching it. you would need a skimer, live rock external filters etc etc etc and even then, you could only maybe keep a reef lobster. I'v never kept reef lobsters at home but I have kept them and talked to a lot of people who have and you don't see a lot of them. If you really want to keep a lobster then with the right equipment yes but don't skimp on equipment, even if its just a lobster.

ste :)

I agree with the above advise. Lobsters are funny things.. They can be wonderfully colourul yet if you add one to your tank you wil NEVER see it :crazy: :sly: :angry: :/

If you choose a lobster then make sure its not one with claws (there are a few that dont have huge claws, these are the least destructive. Claws means destruction and predation..

The next problem is that they simply wont show themselves. Now comes the dilemma. If you add a lobster and insist that it must be seen then you need to remove rocks etc so it can be seen. If you do this then it will get stressed as it wont have a hiding place from natural predators. This stress will kill it. :/
If you add the live rock with nice hidng places etc then it will be a happy lobster :kana: ... You wont ever see it though :*)

Shame though cos they are beautiful creatures.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back