Reaction score
heya at my local lfs they have an eel type thing which is labelled as a loach

can he go in my tank with

2 corys
4 zebra danios
2 rasbora
1 unknown

its a 50 ltr (13g) tank

or will he grow too big i dont know much about loachs but hes only 3cm long and o.5cm wide

At a guess I'd say it's a Kuhli Loach.
And you shouldn't be adding anymore fish until you've sorted out you current stocking.

Corys should really be upped to 4

You need to ID all of your fish.
One of those rasbora doesn't look like a scissortail.

And then you have an unknown fish...

You need to know exactly what fish you have so you can give them the correct care and feeding.

thankyou im bringing my corys up to 4 and my rasbora up to 4 as well in a few weeks im just planning ahead

one is a scissortail and one is a different type of rasbora a black line which my lfs stopped stocking

i am still trying to identify my unknown unfortunately but hes started to get better and his colour has come back now my pleco has gone

Can you possibly take some more pics? Cause I really don't think your other 'rasbora' is a rasbora. What colour is it's eye? Is it yellow on the top and blue on the bottom?

And also it'd be good to ID your other fish.

You can't plan future stocking until you know what fish you currently have.

will go take some more pictures should i start a new thread on this ?

cameras not to great so ill describe the pics as i add them

FOUND HIM

once i took my pleco back hes started to cheer up and all my fish are looking better.

and ive started taking readings of my tank now to ensure it wasn't bad

hes actually a rather dull danio albolineatus or pearl danio and is fully grown (which is why hes so big ) what you can see from the old pictures it his now sparkly (ish) body which has started to get some colour back.

thanks for everyone who helped me reach this conclusion :) (and no bursting of bubbles!)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back