Living The Dream 15 Years On

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Excellent news, nitrites usually take twice as long to drop as ammonia (and was the case with me) but with the filter media, who knows!

Ammonia processing in 12 hours now. Nitrites around 4ppm. Ive been dosing the ammonia back up to 4 ppm every time to drops to zero. just awaiting game to get those nitrites to process now.

Went and and had a Look around our lfs earlier. When s the best time for me to add the plants and bog wood I want? Now or wait until its fully cycled?

Well I dosed ammonia again this morning to 4 ppm. My water stats just now were ammonia 0 ppm. Nitrites 0ppm. Nitrates 5 ppm.

Think I'm getting somewhere now. First time my nitrites been 0ppm. Dosed up again so will check the stats in the morning.

Very pleased with these results.

I will carry on dosing ammonia until the weekend and see where we are then

One happy man here :good:

Woo! Looks like you may be done! Fingers crossed the nitrites stay down now :)

Water stats this morning
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 5 ppm
Ph 7.8

Dosed again to 4ppm ammonia. Take stats tonight. Possibility of fish in tank at the weekend.

When I add fish do I leave the bag floating on the top of the water with lights off? I will have to remove lid. Do it then tip the fish and water from lfs straight in tank once water same temp?

Congrats! Hope you can get fish this weekend.

When you get your fish float the bag in the water for 10 minutes then add some tank water to the bag. Repeat this every 10 minutes for at least an hour. Then net the fish and dd them to your tank. Do not put the water from the bag into your tank as it may be carrying nasties that you don't want!

I have some plants being dropped in tomorrow so will get them in my tank first. I will then keep an eye on my stats.

I will hopefully get the start of my fish collection Sunday after I have taken my little girl swimming. :good:

I want some danios, guppies, cherry barbs, corys,bristle nose cat fish and possibly two kribs.

I want some danios, guppies, cherry barbs, corys,bristle nose cat fish and possibly two kribs.

I wouldn't put guppies & kribs together as my krib tried to eat my guppies - their tails were ripped to shreds :( Guppies get picked on by all but the most mild mannered fish so you'll open up your stocking options massively if you leave them out :)

I wouldn't put guppies & kribs together as my krib tried to eat my guppies - their tails were ripped to shreds :( Guppies get picked on by all but the most mild mannered fish so you'll open up your stocking options massively if you leave them out :)
Ok thanks for advice. I like the idea of livebearers. Are there any livebearers that would be compatible with the Kribs or am I best to leave them out?

Checked water stats again tonight and I'm processing ammonia and nitrite in 12 hours. Nitrate still at 5 ppm. Fish this Sunday me thinks. :shout:

Ok thanks for advice. I like the idea of livebearers. Are there any livebearers that would be compatible with the Kribs or am I best to leave them out?

Checked water stats again tonight and I'm processing ammonia and nitrite in 12 hours. Nitrate still at 5 ppm. Fish this Sunday me thinks. :shout:

Platies and mollies (except the hi-hin varieties) should be ok, it's the flowing tails of the guppies that the kribs and other fish go for.

I have just done 95% water change, leave tank to settle rest of today and tomorrow I will go and buy some fish. Really looking forward to seeing my tank have colourful fish at last.

I haven't added any ammonia after doing the water change. Not sure if this is correct.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back