Liverpool Beating Man U 13.09.08

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

seanie112

Fish Herder
Reaction score
me being a livepool fan in all
liverpool beating man u today (13.09.08)

first time under Rafa in the lge all we need to do now is beat the gunners and Chelsea i think it was luck to day man u playing sh*t

Liverpool 2 - Manchester Utd 1

:good:

To be honest, I'm that used to us outplaying Utd and then losing to a stupid mistake or descision, I kept waiting for a Gerrard own goal or Reina throwing the ball to Rooneys feet.

They started really well though and while the goal didn't worry me, the way they were playing for the first 10-15 minutes was bothering me, then all of a sudden, Liverpool stepped it up a level (for the first time this season).

Although they were missing Ronaldo, they did have over £90 MILLION of strikers on the pitch, so 2 shots on target was very poor. I just think that for once, Utd were complacent. They took the lead, they had their new man, we were missing our 2 best players, they have recent history on their side and we've played garbage all season etc and I think they relaxed. Whereas I think Liverpool had to step up to show they can cope without Gerrard or Torres (though both at once is a bit much), to show they can play better than they have been doing so far and to show that we can beat the top teams in the league as well as cups.

I'm not getting too excited though, it's only 3 points and we were leading last season too, I doubt Utd will play that poorly many more times this season and nor will Van Der Sar :D he was dreadful :D

Oddly my Utd supporting mates have been notoriously quiet, I usually get around 20 texts when we lose to them, today - not a single one :D

Arfie

we do play well against the top four just that we cant win against them not offen enough we play well and get nothing from the game,just hope we do well this season and dont lose to many points against the top four & dont to many points this season.
I havent betted on liverpool this season in winning the league its been to many years since we have win the league
man u are only one league title away from some number as us 18 leagues not one it since 1991

We lose two many points against the lower sides we have hull fc next wk and i bet we dont play as good against them and dont win we should win there.

we have Champions League game at Marseille on Tuesday we will win there as we do well in the Champions League nights.

come on liverpool lets have it this season win the prem league for the first time!!!!!!

I havent betted on liverpool this season in winning the league its been to many years since we have win the league

Me either, mainly because me betting on them seems to be a guarantee that we'll lose, I might put a tenner on Chelski and ManU, see if my luck continues :D

We lose two many points against the lower sides we have hull fc next wk and i bet we dont play as good against them and dont win we should win there.

No we don't, we have Stoke, Everton and City for the next 3 games with Marseille and PSV in between in the Champions league and Crewe in the Carling Cup.

we have Champions League game at Marseille on Tuesday we will win there as we do well in the Champions League nights.

Don't put money on that, we are notoriously slow off the mark in the group stages, a Draw away wouldn't be a bad result.

I don't know if we have enough to win the league yet, but we do have enough to close the 11 point gap to the top and make it a battle. The 3 points against Utd is alreay a six point swing from last season so it's already looking better.

Arfie

yes thats right got it wrong nothing kew there then

start off slow we will get to the last 3games in the champions league and have to win them all to go thru to the next stage

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back