Please excuse my silliness but I'm new to using live plants in my aquarium.
About two months ago I went to an aquarium store and wanted to buy some live plants - I had enough of those silly looking plastic ones with algea growing on them.
I went up to a tank and asked the assistant if I could buy this plant. He had to ask his manager if it was okay to sell this plant - I'm very sorry but I don't know the name of the plant.
Anyway, since I've had the plant in my aquarium I've noticed that even two days after a 50/50 water change the water seems to go almost "milky". Since I've had this plant growing - and it grows like a weed; my gourami fish have been acting a little trippy / sleepy. They look quite healthy but just like sitting quite calmly at the bottom of the tank and "resting" a lot. They also don't take as much interest in food as they did before... This also applies to my bristle nosed catfishes too, I estimate there is at least 30 of the little guys in there.
The water temperature is at about 26 degrees C, the water acidity is almost neutral. I just don't know anymore.
About two months ago I went to an aquarium store and wanted to buy some live plants - I had enough of those silly looking plastic ones with algea growing on them.
I went up to a tank and asked the assistant if I could buy this plant. He had to ask his manager if it was okay to sell this plant - I'm very sorry but I don't know the name of the plant.
Anyway, since I've had the plant in my aquarium I've noticed that even two days after a 50/50 water change the water seems to go almost "milky". Since I've had this plant growing - and it grows like a weed; my gourami fish have been acting a little trippy / sleepy. They look quite healthy but just like sitting quite calmly at the bottom of the tank and "resting" a lot. They also don't take as much interest in food as they did before... This also applies to my bristle nosed catfishes too, I estimate there is at least 30 of the little guys in there.
The water temperature is at about 26 degrees C, the water acidity is almost neutral. I just don't know anymore.
how to tell if this is a plant or a weed though, it looks pretty enough - it just that it grows at about 4x the speed of the other plant that's in the tank - and I definately know the other plant is a plant and not a weed.
can't wait to see a pic







