Live Foods.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Well it's live where you are in a plain open space where you aren't being poisoned or live or some stones or gravel and slowly poisoned before each water change. We weren't talking about breeding substrate spawning fish though. It's a case of natural good water or natural surroundings, though are you using gravel/fake plants/real plants/sand what?

:lol: Very good Lisa.

Wilder, those fish will eat fry for example if they are hungry enough though and if they can.

And bloodworms! Argh!

*runs off to write placards with slogans like "All we are saying, is give daphnia a chance!" and "Hell yes - free your tubifex!", dons her round glasses and stands outside her LFS shouting and sobbing*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well it's live where you are in a plain open space where you aren't being poisoned or live or some stones or gravel and slowly poisoned before each water change. We weren't talking about breeding substrate spawning fish though. It's a case of natural good water or natural surroundings, though are you using gravel/fake plants/real plants/sand what?

:lol: Very good Lisa.
OH yea, your completely right, there is no way to have good water in a gravel tank if you don't have a filter and change your water every single day.! You sure are right :dodgy:

Good to see you came to your senses.. So go on then, how do you keep it so good?

/me wonders what smiley to use, to show people that he's being sarcastic..

Good to see you came to your senses.. So go on then, how do you keep it so good?

/me wonders what smiley to use, to show people that he's being sarcastic..
I didn't come to my senses. Sadly, this forum does not have the smiley for :dodgy: I thought everyone just knew what that meant..
I do 100% every week, with 30% water changes inbetween along with using a fine net to remove particles from the water.

So the waste from 20 minnows and an ACF does not get a single reading on an ammonia or nitrite or nitrate test? I would be more impressed by that than if God was in front of me, juggling with 10 knives or which the blades are on fire, whilst eating some cyanide filled berries and his legs burning in acid :)

So the waste from 20 minnows and an ACF does not get a single reading on an ammonia or nitrite or nitrate test? I would be more impressed by that than if God was in front of me, juggling with 10 knives or which the blades are on fire, whilst eating some cyanide filled berries and his legs burning in acid :)
Nope, I don't use test kits, waste of money. And by the looks of it my fish are fine. Active, eating, even getting ready to breed. Be impressed! Bow peseant!

Nice to see that you can't prove it and find you can't see internal damage.

why dont you just buy a filter Titanrush?

you not even doing water tests? you have no idea whats happening with your water quality do you?

"the fish are active and healthy" argument is the same thing kids say after they win goldfish from a fair mate, come on, just go out and buy a filter, no need to have fish swimming in their own waste in this day and age, i also see from your profile you keep fish in tiny tanks without filters, not being nasty mate, just urge you to join the 21st century, your fish WILL appreciate it mate

dont get too aggro Titanrush, no need to take it too personal OK?????

Read the hybrid board thread about parrot fish tank size. Read the new world board thread about 55g stocking levels. Read Jameshams thread about his new cories, and titans advice on there. Read this thread and see he doesn't use filters, do water changes, test his water - yet he knows his fish are happy and healthy. He can look at his 20g tank and say two parrots would fit in it just by guessing - even when all info says otherwise.

The man's a genius. Or a troll. I opt for the latter.

I guess keeping fish in tanks isnt that natural so i guess you cant get there environment 100% natural, dunno if fish "enjoy" hunting or not but i believe alot of predators in the wild eat meals fairly infrequently so maybe they would be happy eating frozen food if it means they get a regular meal, i know im happy when im fed regularly, sure you could give them regular feeder fish but im not in favour of killing other fish to feed others when its not essential, like someone said before, mcdonalds isnt essential but it is enjoyable to eat( in some peoples opinion). Like i said before though i have no idea if hunting for fish is something predatory fish require to be "happy" so i cant comment on that. My personal views are:
  • If i kept predatory fish i would feed them frozen/prepared foods until someone proved to me that fish were unhappy not hunting animals.
  • I wouldnt keep fish that only eat live fish as i personally dont believe in feeding them other healthy fish but if only people are happy to keep fish that require live foods and feed them according to the relevant laws and such then that is there choice and im not gunna judge.
Also on the thing about filters and such i was under the impression that somewhere in science is it shown that chemicals such as ammmonia can cause harm to the development and lifecycle in fish and if the poster earlier has never tested his/her water then they cant guaruntee that there fish arent being exposed to any of these chemicals and the levels which can cause there fish harm (whether that be noticable by sight or not).

Nope, I don't use test kits, waste of money. And by the looks of it my fish are fine. Active, eating, even getting ready to breed. Be impressed! Bow peseant!
Wow, I am impressed - you are incredibly ignorant. *bows* :good:

The man's a genius. Or a troll. I opt for the latter.
Lets feed him, I personally find It quite amusing.

More on topic....
* I wouldnt keep fish that only eat live fish as i personally dont believe in feeding them other healthy fish but if only people are happy to keep fish that require live foods and feed them according to the relevant laws and such then that is there choice and im not gunna judge.
I just have no desire to keep such fish, the fish I'm interested in keeping would all eat frozen food or at least live invertebrates.
If I did find a species that needed to be fed live foods, I probably wouldn't be able to do so anyway because I find all 'feeder fish' interesting species in their own rights.

Good huh? :lol:

Another fish to think about for feeders, true parasitic catfish, that latch onto the sides of other fish, for blood or scales etc.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back