live food

AquaJen

Reaction score
My little brother has a 10 gallon tank with some Guppies, and 1 female Betta. Recently the guppies have been giving birth frequently, and the betta has been eating them before they get put into a netted container.

The betta looks amazing though.
Her fins have become so beautiful!

Does anyone have any experience with anything else like this?
Her fins have become longer, and her coloring is brighter.

Is it just live food, or is it the guppies that she has been eating?

:unsure:

Jen

my females go crazy for live brine :p , if I could get my hands on some guppies that were small enough I'd feed them those too :p

I would imagine the guppies being born in the tank are disease free and henceforth very healthy for the betta so that's why she looks so great.

as long as your brother's not upset about losing fry everything should be fine, surely a fry will out smart her someday,find a hiding spot and grow too large for her to eat ;)

Well, the reason I posted about it, is because I'm thinking about doing it. I have a 20 gallon long with 5 females and 5 males (the males are in seperate containers).
I'm thinking about breeding guppies as feeders, to feed my bettas.
They have only had live food once, that was when my catfish suddenly had fry, and I didn't see them until my bettas got a hold of some of them. :eek:

Thank-you for responding. :D

Jen

I bought some feeder guppies (they look like guppies only smaller) for my crayfish. I bought them at Critters. I haven't seen them anywhere else though. Anyway, I put one in my betta bowl (this was before I got my tank). My betta ate it, and my betta got prettier too.

I feed my fish brineshrimp and fruitflies. My bleeding hearts jump out of the water going for the flies.

Most reactions

Back