Little white “bugs”

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OliveFish05

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hi! I was doing a water change on my 10 gallon tank just now, which house my 3 adult Cory Hastatus and their 30 fry, and I noticed these little white “bugs” skidding around the glass and swimming through my tank. They are too small to get a picture but does anyone know what they COULD be? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tell me they can’t harm my fry!

Do they look like this?
R5c2c7748dae06c2f9800c23f4f36ab08.jpg

The white things in Phoenix's picture are cyclops (copepods) and they grow to about 2mm long and tend to flick about.

The white things in Phoenix's picture are cyclops (copepods) and they grow to about 2mm long and tend to flick about.
Ohhhhhh ok. If that IS what it is, how do they begin “colonizing” (is that the right word) in a tank? Any idea how they may have gotten in my tank? Are they always present and flourish with excess food? Will they hurt my catfish? Or are they good?

Ohhhhhh ok. If that IS what it is, how do they begin “colonizing” (is that the right word) in a tank? Any idea how they may have gotten in my tank? Are they always present and flourish with excess food? Will they hurt my catfish? Or are they good?
i think they're peaceful, some things like to eat them maybe

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back