little tiny Black Mystery Snails

GTS_01

Reaction score
i have two black mystery snails, and i am starting to see little tiny like nothing size snails in the tank about as big as the tip of a ball point pen. Are the fish going to eat them? I am not sure what to do. It just looks like little snail babies. Never really seen anything like it. Hopefully someone can offer some help

it depends on wich fish you have, most fish will eat them. they are called pond snails. the reproduce like bunnies. keep an eye on them.

any way i can save them?
two zebra's two frogs
red tailed shark two cory cats
and two tetras

Your fish should munch on them however you wont get rid of them easily because like said....rabbits ;)

Ohh forgot to add theres a plus to them...they eat algae and other rubbish ;)

As I was in the lfs yesterday I saw a snail remedy it aparently kills all the snails and stops them reproducing? Has anyone ever used this kind of product (First time i've ever seen one)

you sure they are mystery snail babies because mystery snails lay their eggs out of the water and it kind of looks like caviar.

I would stay away from the treatment and buy a couple of clowns they love snail.

otherwise you can leave a food trap for the snail(s) they can then be removed daily! :D and i mean daily

I had a big big snail problem in a 100g tank - there was so many i could not keep up with them- however once the cycle was complete and i started to put the clowns in - within 3 days yes 3 days all gone the only thing is my clowns got a teast for snails they never seem that happy anymore - only joking

cya

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back