Lionhead and ADF's?????

turnip

Reaction score
To all those who helped me out with Squishy the lionhead having problems, thanks alot, he's well on the mend and seems alot better :)

However, I bought the tank with the intention of putting African dwarf frogs in it. I couldn't resist buying squishy the lionhead however, but am now left with the dilemma of not being able to afford another tank. I wanted to know if a lionhead could coexist with perhaps 2-3 ADF's, the temp and pH requirement of each species I've researched and found to be the same. My lion head is rather placid and wouldn't bother any new comers so I wondered if anyone here would know if its possible/have done it themselves?

I dont want to kill any froggies off, or indeed squishy, so I'm trying to do my homework first!

Thanks.

Glad to ehar Squishy is doing well. :nod: What method did you use in the end?

What size is the tank? :dunno:

I know of people keeping the 2 together ok, but they both need adequate room.

I've been doing daily water changes which has reduced the nitrite levels, I turned the temp down approx 2 degrees and I've abstained from feeding him so far. His swimming ability has greatly improved and he's not floating idle up in the corner, nor being dragged up from the bottom as though full of air!

I'm planning on feeding him some peas tomorrow and see how it goes.

When the tank has cycled properly and all has clamed down I was hopefully going to introduce some ADF's, but I wanted to make sure it would be ok first. guess I'll have to wait and see. There's another tank (my flat ,ates has just got one) that I could move the frogs into should it go badly with squishy.

Thanks for your help :)

ps. my tank is 24"x12"x12"

Your tank is roughly 10uk gallon then possibly 12.
You must not introduce any more goldfish to this you only got the space for squishy. As for the ADF's sorry can't help.
The tank however is not very big. If they can go together then I don't really see why you couldn't give it a go as long as there is somewhere else you can put the frogs if things don't go well.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Kaz

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back