Lighting Question?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

buffmaxwell

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I almost have my 125 up and running and have spent a small fortune. I know this is probably is a dumb question. But Because ive spent all most a grand just in the plumbing, live rock, live sand, sump, pumps, skimmer not including the price of the tank and everything else Im kinda on a budget now. My inital plan was to do a FOWLR for the first couple of months anyways until the tank was established enough for corals. Anyways my tank came with dual T8 fixtures I was wondering if there were any bulbs out there that would be strong enough to grow like maybe small zoanthids until I finally upgrade to the full reef lighting. My girlfriend would kill me if i spent another 600 on lights right now

Usually t5s minimum for softies. You may get away with T8s with reflectors if corals placed close to the light but it may be a push.

You might be best sorting your lighting out first and then start your reef. That way your not compromising on your coral choice due to lighting.

do you guys know anything about the coral life Lunar High Output lights? I was thinking of going the LED right until I saw those and theyre about 50 cheaper. Do you think they would be strong enough to grow corals?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back