LIGHTING A RIO 240

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

NOTORIOUS LEE

Reaction score
Hi,

I am brand new to the marine aquarium hobby & my Rio 240 tank has been maturing now for about 3 weeks with about 16lb's worth of live rock with the rest of it being standard cleaned reef rock.

I put a red legged hermit crab,peppermint shrimp & 3 leather corals last week as recommended by my local fish store to start the maturation process. They still all seem to be doing fine probably becasue my amonia is still reading 0.1.

I know that alot of you will say I have been given wrong advice to put in live stock at this stage but I have been told as long as the amonia doesn't rise too quickly they should be fine as they are quite hardy specimens.

Anyway, getting to the point as I eventually am aiming for a reef aquarium I want to start stocking soft & hard corals with anemones & sponges I want to know if my current lighting set-up is adequate.

I have 4 Aracadia 38watt flourescent tubes.

1 of the tubes is Actinic blue which is at the front of the tank.

I would much appreciate any advice as to whether this lighting set-up would be good enough for the kind of inverts I want to keep as I have heard so many different opinions about lighting.

Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back