Lfs Trip Today

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So today I am planning a trip to my LFS and picking up some fish for my 30 Gallon. Current Stock is:

5 Bloodfin Tetras
4 Molly (Debating giving 2 away)
2 Platy
3 Oto
1 BN
8 Coolie Loach

I am debating one of the below:

1 Albino BN
1 Keyhole Cichild
5 Tetra (Debating Bloodfin, Rio Flame, Black Neon, Lampeye)
5 Cory (Debating Peppered or Green)
1 Butterfly Pleco (hear they grow under 5in)

Also open to other suggestions. What shall I go for next?
 
Got a Keyhole today and been watching him for the past few hours. He seems to slowly be adapting to the tank. He/She (think its a male) is roaming around the tank slowly but doesn't show any signs of sickness. I bought some small Cichlids Pellets for him and he eats them right away (as do all the fish). So all in all I say its a success. I will have some more days off early next week and am planning my next trip to my LFS. Think the bottom is pretty active as is due to the Coolie Loach. I am happy to say they are out often and are very active (The BN too). For next week I am debating one of the following:

5 Tetras (still debating what type)
1 Albino BN (current one seems territorial with one of the caves)
1-2 Rams (I believe I can get some German Blue)
5 Cory (thinking Panda or Peppered but again my bottom seems pretty active as is)
5 Collie Loach (love these guys)

I defently love Cichlids but done have alot of small ones available to me. Rams, Angels, Kribs and Keyholes are all I can get. Also my tank is only 14in-16in tall tops so angels are out. I may be able to rehome 2 Mollies but that probably wont free up much stocking. Saw some awesome Electric Blue jack Dempsy but sadly they wont fit in such a small tank...someday though. Anywho I am open to any suggestions, just toss me any suggestions.
 
1-2 Rams (I believe I can get some German Blue)
if you want rams you can only keep bolivians with the other stock you have suggested, as the german blue rams require temperatures in the range of 28-32 degrees with 30 being preferable. fishes such as loaches and 99% of cories cant handle these temperatures, so obviously theyre not compatible.
 
i wouldnt get rams the key hole wont like them. you could have corys or a bn thats the opsite sex to the one you alredy have and a shoal of teras
 
darn, so looks like no more Cichlids are available to me since I cant afford keyholes pairing off and causing havoc. Othe suggestions? I am looking for something other then tetras preferably that have good personality. All other Cichlids grow to big or are to aggresive (Firemouth, Severum, Convict, Jewel, Devil, Green Terror, etc). I have had Gourami in the past but they either where to aggresive or simply didnt last long. My girlfriend wants Opaline, Pearl or Gold but sadly they grow to big. Had my share of Liverbearers as well. Are any barbs an option besides Cherry? Im sure Green/Tiger are to aggresive but perhaps Rosy barbs?
 
I'm sure you could fit 2 trichogaster gourami in a 30g? Apparently the opalines are supposed to be smaller as well.
 
i wouldnt get rams the key hole wont like them. you could have corys or a bn thats the opsite sex to the one you alredy have and a shoal of teras

You could have a ram as keyholes are one of the most peaceful fish, and even if they do pair off they are not territorial.
 
I think it would be one of his better interests to keep his gf happy...
 
well at 4in I could do an Opaline Gourami. would taht be the end of my Stocking or am I looking at being able to do some smaller fish still? My current filter system is a Fluval 2+ and a Eheim Classic 2215.
 
you could proberly get away with a bolovian ram and a opalin gourami but that would be it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top