Lesson Learnt :(

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GShorty1981

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My Thorichthys (unknown which type) has a taste for Corydoras! i had 10 last week when i put him in, now have zero, only noticed when i saw him chewing 1 up! wont be buying anymore of them!

I'm amazed not a single catfish released its poison, or locked out its dorsal and pectoral fins in defence.

Sounds like the large Brochois might be a far safer bet, these reach ~10cm and are rather chunky, a group of very adaptable Brochis splendens would look great in a 4-foot tank or longer.

Thanks, yeh i'm gonna stick to just my 2 bristlenose, i'm pretty overstocked anyway with all my baby Severums, can't wait to get shot of them lol

That's a shame I haven't had that problem at At all.

darn my Ellioti/Aureus whatever he is, is a total killer, hes beat the hell out of my Gold Severum and killed my small Bristlenose plec now, hes 5" and even having a go at my 8" male Red Spotted Severum! i like him to much to let him go tho

Do you mean thorichthys meeki? The firemouth? I would like to see him try that on my catfish!

What colour severums do you have? And where do you live I'm after another

Do you mean thorichthys meeki? The firemouth? I would like to see him try that on my catfish!

No hes not a Firemouth he is some kind of Thorichthys, either Ellioti, Aureus of mixteco, nobody knows for sure.

I have a 8" Red Spotted Severum, 1 baby Gold, 1 baby Notatus and 5 baby Rotkeils, i'm not keeping all of them, some will be for sale once they got some size.

No hes not a Firemouth he is some kind of Thorichthys, either Ellioti, Aureus of mixteco, nobody knows for sure.

I have a 8" Red Spotted Severum, 1 baby Gold, 1 baby Notatus and 5 baby Rotkeils, i'm not keeping all of them, some will be for sale once they got some size.

well keep me posted as i could do with at least another one :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back