lilacamy931
Starting again
Me and my partner went to a local store and to our amazement saw a baby sturgeon. Both me and my partner immediatley recognised it for what it was long before we read the label and also another person browsing the store was miffed.
Looking on the internet it is apparentyl illegal to sell this species as it is protected having been over harvested for its eggs as cavier. The fish was there yesterday I forgot about it in the meantime and it has just popped into my head. I am unsure if it needs reporting or not.
Any help thanks, it has probably been rehomed by now though...
Looking on the internet it is apparentyl illegal to sell this species as it is protected having been over harvested for its eggs as cavier. The fish was there yesterday I forgot about it in the meantime and it has just popped into my head. I am unsure if it needs reporting or not.
Any help thanks, it has probably been rehomed by now though...
With things like this, if in doubt, give a shout to the local council whom issue their licenses. If it is legal or controlled and they have paperwork to back-up the legality of it's stocking they will be fine. The Authorities will take the appropriate action if the check you claim and find an illegal species, or a controlled species without the paperwork on the premises 
/www.neworchardfisheries.co.uk/






