Led lights

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Warriors

Reaction score
hi there peeps new to the forum so hello everyone

I have a question for you all if you can help I am in the process of getting a 6x2x2 tank it will be a community tank with some low to medium light plants.

my question is what brand of led light or lights should I be looking at to give me the help I need with the plants and also to show off my fish the best.

thanks for your help in advance

gary

to be honest I want ones that will first be good for the fish and second for the plants that I will try to have in there. mainly low to medium light needs would love to be able to get into more demanding plants with a bit more colour than just green....

I'm a tight fisted Northern b***ard so I always recommend All Pond Solutions. Just give them a Google, ive used a lot of there equipment, never used there lights but based on my experiences with other equipment I'd expect them to be decent enough.

I'm a tight fisted Northern b***ard so I always recommend All Pond Solutions. Just give them a Google, ive used a lot of there equipment, never used there lights but based on my experiences with other equipment I'd expect them to be decent enough.
thanks for the info just need a little help with what would be the best ones but will check there site out

Go to a hardware store and get three x 100-150watt LED spotlights and have them on a timer. Have one come on and then an hour later another and the third one an hour after that. Then at night have them go off 1 hour apart.

Get globes with a 6500K (K is for Kelvin) rating.

---------------------
Stress from tank lights coming on when the room is dark can be an issue. Fish don't have eyelids and don't tolerate going from complete dark to bright light (or vice versa) instantly.

In the morning open the curtains or turn the room light on at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the tank light on. This will reduce the stress on the fish and they won't go from a dark tank to a bright tank instantly.

At night turn the room light on and then turn the tank light off. Wait at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the room light out. This allows the fish to settle down for the night instead of going from a brightly lit tank to complete darkness instantly.

I am not really bothered with all the fancy stuff would be nice if I could link them together as don't think I will get one light 6ft long

Go to a hardware store and get three x 100-150watt LED spotlights and have them on a timer. Have one come on and then an hour later another and the third one an hour after that. Then at night have them go off 1 hour apart.

Get globes with a 6500K (K is for Kelvin) rating.

---------------------
Stress from tank lights coming on when the room is dark can be an issue. Fish don't have eyelids and don't tolerate going from complete dark to bright light (or vice versa) instantly.

In the morning open the curtains or turn the room light on at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the tank light on. This will reduce the stress on the fish and they won't go from a dark tank to a bright tank instantly.

At night turn the room light on and then turn the tank light off. Wait at least 30 minutes (or more) before turning the room light out. This allows the fish to settle down for the night instead of going from a brightly lit tank to complete darkness instantly.
would I be able to fix them to the hood inside the tank and would that give me enough light front to back on the tank ??

this is a good light. They do have a 6' version but it's out of stock

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The higher wattage LED spotlights are like flood lights and get hung above the tank. They won't fit inside the hood.

Three x 100-150watt spotlights will provide plenty of light for a 6x2x2 ft tank. Have one light unit for every 2ft square.

this is a good light. They do have a 6' version but it's out of stock
thanks for the info will have a look at them

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Back