Least Aggressive Cichlid?

Well I got 6 x Hatchet fish this morning, added some floating plants but at the moment they are going through a bad time being chased by the Blue Rams, for some reason the rams are obsessed with them, I hope it settles down because this might be a bad idea.

Odd... that doesn't make any sense - they should be obsessed with all the other cichlids! ;)

Hopefully it will settle down in a day. Keep the tank light off today to help the hatchets with the stress.

Well would you believe, I stopped the chasing in one foul swoop.

In one of my other tanks had a Nitrite spike from doing a fish-in rescape, course I disturebed the substrate to cause a spike, I never knew this could happen so I learned something new here.
Any way I thought I had cleared it by water changes and adding Prime but it returned again this morning.
I did another water change and again added Prime, after a good few hours the fish were still on the top so I investigated further only to find my 2 Gara had died, they were swimming about yesterday so the Nitrite must have got to them.

Any way I decided to take the remaining fish out and put them in my other tank, I had 8 x Buenos Aires and 4 x Red Eye Tetras, they had got fairly big so the Rams lost interest in the Hatchets.

I cleaned out the Tetra tank and plan to set it up again I may put the Tetras back or do you suggest I leave them?

Just popping in - not too much time, but I think if you start a new thread with a stocking question type thing that folks will respond a bit more. ;)

I have a Female Convict I just recently Moved to my Community tank filled with Swordtails, guppies,a pleco, golden dojo, and 2 panda garras and some tetras. I moved her there because the male in the other tank was bullying her for some reason, but from what I've seen she hasn't been territorial or aggressive in any way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back