Least Aggressive Cichlid?

There are a few Cichlids that are peaceful, But it depends on your "community" to what you can have. For example Angles are peaceful on there own, but will eat small fish. But something like a Apisto will be suitable with most community fish! :good:

Quite a lot really most of the dwarfs are quite calm

Any that you have seen in particular?

Wills

Thing to remember too is that in the world of cichlids it is difficult to say what a fish will do because there is a lot of variation in behavior. For example, I have a breeding pair of angel fish that do fine (for over a year now) with neons. They are pretty mellow. I had a breeding pair of firemouths that destroyed their tank mates... that is pretty normal for breeding firemouths, IMO. With the firemouths, acara, and kribs as well as others you will get much mellower fish if they are not paired.

What size is the tank and what are the existing fish? Is it the 40 gallon or something else? That is a lot of shark in there.

I've kept 4-5? different species of Cichlids. I've found my Keyhole's have shown the least aggresion to tank mates :good:

James

People say Rainbows and Festivums are gentle but i found them to be real terrors lol, Blue Acaras in my experience are gentle, as are most Geophagus other than Brasiliensis

I agree, there's always different personalities to different fish. Until recently I had two quite psychotic apistos, one of which finally fought to the death with an amano shrimp. The other loves everything except corydoras and cameras to which he either reacts violently or with terror. My angels have always been quite placid, unless they were breeding.

I got keyholes, bolivian rams, Apistogramma borelli and apistogramma cacatuoides. and all are peacefull with one another and others I got in the tanks.

Out of the above the bolivians some times square upto each other as they seem to mark there own little bit of the tank and if another bolivian enters theres a little bit of machoness going on, but nothing real bad.

the Apisto's leave everyone alone, and the 2 keyholes swim together.

Hi i have a pair of blue rams in with black neons , rummy noses , honey gournamis, clown loaches ,corydoras ,flying foxes and bristlenose catfish.
they hang around with the honeys . :good: they are very active aswell. xxxx :nod:

Ive just got a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides in my main community tank, which house's guppies, endlers, danio's a rosey barb, kuhli etc and they dont bother anything at all :good:
Although there still young :unsure:

+1 for the Blue Rams. I've found my 2 girls to be very peaceful! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back