Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
sellin my 55 gallon tomorrow for $400. sad to see it go but I haven't been using it anyways and it was a fair amount of work.

daizeUK said:
My 7yo son has spent the last 10 minutes pretending to be a duckweed, walking in circles and talking to other duckweed as he passes.  "Hello Mrs. Duckweed, you're looking particularly ducky today. "  Is this normal?
Yes, I do that all the time.

daizeUK said:
My 7yo son has spent the last 10 minutes pretending to be a duckweed, walking in circles and talking to other duckweed as he passes.  "Hello Mrs. Duckweed, you're looking particularly ducky today. "  Is this normal?

My 6 year old does some similar stuff too.

Last year, he was pretending to be a warning symbol from the dishwasher tablet packet - he was "Do Not Swallow" and I had to be "Wash Thoroughly If Eyes In Contact", and we had a deep and meaningful conversation about why each of us were dangerous.

He also pretends to be Charles II, and I have to be Henry VIII (in fairness I do an excellent impression of the Henry VIII character from Horrible Histories).

He also pretends to be Pliny The Younger, watching the eruption of Vesuvius in AD79 from the Bay of Naples.

Cute, unless you're not in the mood.

TallTree01 said:

Phew!  Wait a minute - does this mean he's going to grow up to be a tree? 
blink.png

the_lock_man said:
My 6 year old does some similar stuff too.

Last year, he was pretending to be a warning symbol from the dishwasher tablet packet - he was "Do Not Swallow" and I had to be "Wash Thoroughly If Eyes In Contact", and we had a deep and meaningful conversation about why each of us were dangerous.

LOL!  That's brilliant - and very educational!
I don't think mine knows who Charles II is :(  I'll have to find some Horrible Histories for him to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2kyNbZc7oc

Possibly their finest hour.

"King Charles, my daddy, lost his throne and kings were banned
They chopped off his head and Ollie Cromwell ruled the land
Old Ollie wasn't jolly, he was glum and he was proud
We'd be miserable as sin, only sinning's not allowed
When Ollie died, the people said 'Charlie, me hearty
Get rid of his dull laws, come back, we'd rather party'
This action's what they called the Monarchy Resoration
Which naturally was followed by a huge celebration"

daizeUK said:

Phew!  Wait a minute - does this mean he's going to grow up to be a tree? :blink:

Hope so! There aren't enough trees in the world. :(

Given that today is the 70th anniverary of D-Day, I feel it is appropriate to post more of Horrible Histories - Bob Hale's World War II Report

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCJQC_jxzo

Good stuff!  I often wonder how much kids can take in when people talk that fast though.  Even I struggle to keep with the fast talk that seems the fashion these days.  God now I sound old.

Yes, yes you do! :lol:

Honestly, kids talk very fast, so I think they catch far more than we do as 'older' folks.  Just sayin'.

off to buy an innovative marine nuvo 16, for $200. has plenty of extras with it!

I hacked back the jungle in my back garden today.
Now I've got an industrial sized sack full of clippings and no idea what to do with it.

daizeUK said:
I hacked back the jungle in my back garden today.
Now I've got an industrial sized sack full of clippings and no idea what to do with it.

Take it to the recycle tip, they should have a garden / green waste skip.

It's getting it there that's the problem, when I said industrial sized sack I wasn't kidding.
Think I'll have to break it down into smaller bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back