Laser Pointer Fun >.<

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Keithoms

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Lol, i just found a way to have fun with fish. get a laser pointer and shine it on a leaf ,wood, substrate, anything. Move it around and the fish will try to eat it its so much fun!

Well, that'll be more interest than my cats show to a laser pointer lol one just looks at the dot from afar "You really expect me to waste energy chasing that?", the other just looks at you "Like, yeah I know it's that thing in your hand, d'uh!".

not sure that would be good for the eyes of a fish if hit :crazy:

I did that by accident once. The fish loved it, but then they kept running into the glass, so I stopped...felt bad. But it IS funny.

Yeah, I need to get me a cheapy laser pointer.

I noticed this for the first time when I was checking the temperatures of tanks with an infrared thermometer, was quite funny, and quite interesting seeing fish like neons and pencilfish so insanely active (which the rarely are at lfs' unless being fed).

Well I think I've been duped LOL neither my corys nor most of the danios are the slightest bit interested. One female danio showed a bit of interest trying to eat the dot on the glass (not on the plant/substrate/etc but where the laser entered the glass), even she lost interest after the first 2-3 "bites".

Lol Kia, you have odd fish. I've seen 4 separate batches of danios at the lfs chase the laser like crazy.

Maybe your fish are just so perfectly content otherwise, that they find no interest in little red dots?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back