Lampeyes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

joeskandal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hey folks, i was wondering if anyone on here keeps lampeyes?
What are they like in a community with neons etc?
We saw some today, and they are amazing, beautiful fish.
I was just wondering what peoples opinions and experience are of these fish.
Thanks,
JOe

Aplocheilichthys normani - Norman's Lampeye
make excellent tank-mates for neon/cardinal tetra.
And look great too
Keep other inhabitants small scale too.
Many folks experience losses of this fish when they bring them home from their LFS so please acclimatise slowly before adding them to your tank to minimise this.
Regards
C

Aplocheilichthys normani - Norman's Lampeye
make excellent tank-mates for neon/cardinal tetra.
And look great too
Keep other inhabitants small scale too.
Many folks experience losses of this fish when they bring them home from their LFS so please acclimatise slowly before adding them to your tank to minimise this.
Regards
C

ahh nice one, thanks.
They aren't available to buy until next week, so i shall let you know how we get on with them.
We always just add a bit of our water into theirs, again and again, about 4 or 5 times, until the bag is full, then transfer them over, minimising any PH shock.
Thanks.

I was tempted to add some lampeyes to my tank, they looked great. Upload a pic when you get them please so i can be nosey and take a peek at them in a home aquarium! We instead went from a Mosquito Rasbora, an equally small fish that under the right conditions is a beautiful deep red :)

we got our lampeyes today.
Just busy floating them now, i will upload a picture later on.
we got 12 of them.
Killifish are really cool fish, and we are thinking of just using our little 20L set up to put some clown killis in.
Amazing peaceful fish.

Not the best photograph in the world, but a shot of our lampeyes, non the less...

2yxlrwm.jpg

i love my lamp eyes bought seven the other day gonna get another set on tuesday they are beautiful

They are beautiful, but because of their small size they didnt last in my tank.

i bought another 6 today. they are fine so far in my tank but they are in with leopard endlers and 2 koi sword tails and a few various type shrimps. i was watching one last night doing laps the full circumferance of my tank they move so fast

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back