Lake Inle Nano

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm really impressed at how much more visible the CPD are now that they have more hiding places. When I had only anubias and wood on one side the CPD spent most of their time hiding in it. Now they have the security of being able to hide at will they are far less likely to do so.

Can't believe how much this lot has grown since the last pic (1 month) and since being re-planted two months ago. The poor little amazon sword behind the central crypt will be moved to the front tomorrow night as it is now completely dwarfed.
20200120_212223.jpg

Shiny pebbles courtesy of the recently added otos, and yes there are still over 30 CPD in there - and I suppose somewhere between 50 & 100 RCS.

Last edited:
Very nice. Do you have Zebra Nerite snails in there?

Lucky! I have a female, long story short, eggs EVERYWHERE! :rolleyes:

20200214_212625.jpg

Plant growth continues at pace. I have the lights on for 11 hours now. I trimmed the hygrophilla today after the water change because it was completely obscuring the crypt in the back. I reloacted the sword to the front a while ago as it was completely lost in the back. I may lose the floating plants in here once it fills out a bit more as the CPD are clear water fish.

In other news the shrimp production line is back in full swing after a rest (or at least a slowdown) over winter.

Removed the frogbit last night and as much of the duckweed as I could. Fish behaviour is unchanged but I don't like the look. It just seems unfinished. I'll spend another few evenings hunting down the remaining duckweed before throwing a few more frogbit leaves in the top.

Removed the frogbit last night and as much of the duckweed as I could. Fish behaviour is unchanged but I don't like the look. It just seems unfinished. I'll spend another few evenings hunting down the remaining duckweed before throwing a few more frogbit leaves in the top.
Didnt think you had duckweed still. How about some taller back ground plants to fill the void of the frogbit roots coming down.

Ive had a move around in my 15 today. Was expecting some new crypts to arrive this morning ready to go in but they havent come so mine certainly looks unfinished at the mo

Yeah I thought it was gone but there was obviously a fragment left over. Its in all my tanks and I do scoop it out regularly.
I have been thinking about giving the vals another go. They did look good when I had them in this tank. I only have it in the community now and was about to give up on it in there because of its affinity for algae. My water is soft so it grows slowly and needs root tabs, but by the time the leaves reach the surface they look terrible.

Shortly before I planned to chuck it out of the community was when I introduced the otos and they love it. The vals in there are now sparkling and for the first time, since I switched to soft water, have reached the surface without being attacked by a pair of scissors :)

While I was at it I did chuck this out of the community. Hadn't touched it for about a month. Looked lovely but it was getting dark enough to breed tetras with the lights on :rofl: .
20200218_182907.jpg

As you can see there is still plenty left.

Just a bucket full then lol :D you get phenomenal growth from frogbit. Just crazy man, i hope my water sprite grows that well

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back