L15's

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rabbut

I don't bite, all that often...
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a trio of L15's for my Discus tank. Works text book said they'd be fine at 30c, were Omnivores and of little risk to large sided fish like Discus. Could anyone confirm/refute this please? Also, will they require Bogwood to aid in digesting in their diet?

Thanks
Rabbut

EDIT to correct the L number, Initially posted L14, not L15 :blush:

If the tank can accomadate 3 possible 10 inch plecs with hiding places etc etc then it should be fine, personally wouldnt risk them with discus but thats just me lol. Wood isnt nessersary but with most plecs it will rasp on it just not eat it :)

Thanks for that Jen. Wow, 10", the book at work said 12cm... :unsure:

Oh, a visit to Planetcatfish has shown what wrong.... I've got my L numbers muddled, it's L15 I've got my eye on :blush: *Shepishly goes off to edit title and opening post :blush: * They say 10cm, bit more like it. Actually, now I've got the right L number, the colouration and species sub-type are correct also :lol:

All the best
Rabbut

L14 the sunshine pleco. I was looking at them. I thought they were so pretty. But can get to be a foot long so I decided not to get them.

L15 the Candy stripe pleco. I bought a L104 clown plecos under the name Candy stripe. My clown is a female she is very round males don't get this round. Any ways she is full grown about almost 2 years old and a little over 3 inches. She lives with a female BN and they get along but the Clown is the queen of the tank. What she wants she gets and will push others out of her way. She is pretty shy but still comes out during the day. She loves wood.

L15 info
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/speci...p?species_id=75

Thanks a lot of that, much appreciated. The link ties in mostly with the book at work, with the size they suggest being smaller in that link, so that's re-assuring :nod: Do you know if they are inclined to latch onto larger sided fish? What do you keep yours with Snowflake311?

All the best, and thanks again
Rabbut

They should be fine with the discus m8, there quite shy... timid little things which dont really get above 3.5 inches as you say prefer a meaty diet and a nice place to hide other than that they would prefer a slightly lower temp than 30 but ive kept them at that temp and they always thrived :good: ... good luck and get some pics up when youve got them :)

Thanks again Jen. I will try for some good photo's once they are in the QT tank and settled :good:

I don't suppose anyone on here is, or knows a, breeder of these L numbers do they? They may be a potential future breeding project, but when I breed stuff properly, I like males and females to come from separate bloodlines and avoid issues with inbreeding :good:

I don't suppose anyone on here is, or knows a, breeder of these L numbers do they? They may be a potential future breeding project, but when I breed stuff properly, I like males and females to come from separate bloodlines and avoid issues with inbreeding :good:

I know my local MH have them quite often as do the 1 i use a little further afield, No harm in asking or checking to see if they can order some for you m8 :)

That may be an idea :hyper: I want to avoid getting fish from the same bloodline though, so I'd want to check who their suppliers are first, information I'm not sure they'd give their normal customers, let alone someone working for a competing shop...

That may be an idea :hyper: I want to avoid getting fish from the same bloodline though, so I'd want to check who their suppliers are first, information I'm not sure they'd give their normal customers, let alone someone working for a competing shop...

apparently the stock our maidenhead get in plec wise is wild caught?, how true this is i dont know. If it is true i think that solves your problem ;)

:lol: That would certainly solve the issue. If there's a group, you can easily tell if they are wild or captive bred. It's just knowing what to look for ;) I can definitely go look though, thanks for that :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back