Kribs and neons

Tammy2080

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can an injured kribensis, be added into a tank with neons, glowlight glass cats and many more small fish?

:/

i think that they are placid but im notsure as the injured Krib is big, it is a four gal hexigon tank.....not many places to hide

there are also guppys in the small tank will they be ok with a krib?

I had a problem once with the most placid glow lights i have ever owned, while cleaning betta tanks out i had to put one in the glowlight tank so the cats wouldnt try there luck.. they went STRAIGHT for the bettas tail :blink: so i took him straight out.. i think glowlight tetras are rouge thugs :) so just be careful with him :thumbs:

mine did the opposit, and my betta took one of the glowlights eyes and tore a second one to pices

when i baught my betta i had put him into a tank full of goumis but they tormented it on a night, so i think he was just being defencive when he was added into the tetra tank. but it did make me think about the tempraments of the individual fish more.

so will it be ok for my krib to live with the tetras, glass cats and guppys?

It's a 4 gallon hexagon tank?!! And you have already (from what you've said):

neons
glo lights
glass cats
guppies

Absolutley not!!! They krib can never go in there (I suspect you are already way, way overstocked). Is it a male or a female krib? In fact, it doesn't even matter. I kept a single female in a 10gallon to themselves but that was temporary.

Sorry, I think you may have problems as it is. The krib, as a semi aggressive cihclid, is likely to attack and kill the other fish in that size of tank.

:/

theres 4 neons
two glow lights
a guppy
Two glass cats
and a pleco
is this over stocked, the pet shop said i could add more?
please let me know as im worried now?

Thanks for the advice on the Krib, but unfortunatly his iguries were too bad and i dont think he will make it through the day now

poor thing :eek:(

Yes I am sorry but none of those fish should be in that tank.

theres 4 neons
two glow lights
a guppy
Two glass cats
and a pleco

Neons and glo lights should be groups of at least 6 each and need tanks that are at least 10gallons, probably 15gallons would be more like it. They need room to swim around, being small shoaling fish.

Guppy, could be ok but it's not something I would do.

Glass cats, get too big for that size of tank. A tank that size would not allow them room to grow and could risk stunting.

Plec, no way. Sorry, even if it's a smaller species of plec they create too much waste to be in anything less than 30gallons IMO. If it's a common plec, they get to 18". In that tank it will be stunted and also your water will be terrible soon, if not already.

Add to this the fact that it is a hex tank, this means that it is taller rather than longer and means there is less surface area to oxygenate the water.

I am sorry but you have real problems. What size is your other tank?

I hope the krib is ok.

Dana

my other main tank is 4ft which is were the pleco was going to go when he grew :eek:) plecos are cool

i do have a very strong good air stone in the small tank will this help the poor things, i really feel horrable.................why did the petshop say this was ok?
none of them seem to be unhappy?

my krib passed away last night, he couldent eat as his jaw was broken.

how many fish should i have? :unsure:

Aw, I am sorry. :sad: LFS often do this sort of thing, it's not your fault but it's something you will have to sort out.

An airstone will not really help them to be honest other than to aggitagte and circulate the water a bit.

What fish do you have in the other tank? See if we can help you sort it out a little. :)

i cant transfer any of my little fish into the main tank, the fish in there are all to big and will eat them, there are assorted big cats, goumis and two dwarf cichlids :eek:( i lost my male krib.

does it look as though ill have to sell a few of my little fish :no:

Well, kribs at least are usually fine with smaller fish. What are the cats?

The glass cats could be ok, depending on what the other fish are. They get to 3", what size are they now? The plec will be fine IMO as these are armoured and people keep them with aggressive cichlids.

The tetra could be a problem but moving the glass cats and plec would help greatly.

the glass cats are still babys and are only the length of two neon, so my cats will eat them, i have columbian sharks babys, pictus baby, synodontis and plecos
(i have a second tank for the columbians for when they get bigger and turn marine and i intend to change my tank to a chichlid tank for the Pictus and synodontis when they get bigger)

are glass cats not bullied by goumis as well?

Most reactions

trending

Back