Kribensis Pair Or One Angel ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

should i get a pair of kribensis, or one angel?

• a pair of kribensis

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • one angelfish

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

vespabloke27

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi, im looking for a centrepeice as my male gourami has died.

i currently have
7 harlequin rasboras.
5 endlers
2 borneo suckers,
4 khuli loaches
i also want to get shrimp

all this is in a 120L tank

cheers:)

What are the dimensions of the tank, OP, and is your water hard or soft?

hi.
the length is 31"
width is 15"
and the height is 23"
the water is slightly soft

Height wise you'd be okay for an angel, but it's a bit on the short side.

Out of your two choices, the kribs would be better, but they will get aggressive if they breed. Shrimps wouldn't survive with either.

How about a slightly smaller, slightly less aggressive cichlid? Apistogrammas and Bolivian rams both spring to mind.

nortonmad213 said:
I did think of them, but they seem to be so difficult to keep nowadays (I've given up on them, even though they're my absolute favourite fish
sad.png
) that I rarely suggest them.

fluttermoth said:

I did think of them, but they seem to be so difficult to keep nowadays (I've given up on them, even though they're my absolute favourite fish
sad.png
) that I rarely suggest them.

hmm, i did have some luck before christmas before i sold them. so maybe there are better stocks coming back into circulation

ahh right i do like the look of the apistogrammas.. i take it that dwarf puffers will be an even worse choice?

Dwarf puffers are not a fish I have any experience of, but I believe they can be very nippy and are best in species only set ups.

I feel I ought to mention that your Borneo suckers aren't a fish for a standard community tank either. They do best in cooler temperatures with a very high water flow.

i thought that was the case for puffers..

ah thanks for your advice!. i was reassured by my lfs that they would be fine . :)

one angel is a bit sad. Very social fish which enjoy the company of others............or rip each other to shreds, depending on the personality :)

ZoddyZod said:
one angel is a bit sad. Very social fish which enjoy the company of others............or rip each other to shreds, depending on the personality
smile.png
Hmmm...I think solo angels do fine, personally.

I'd get a couple more khuli loaches when you can. Along with the other suggestions, maybe you'd like peacock gudgeons? I believe they'll also eat shrimp though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back