Kribensis Pair Fighting?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a pair of kribs, and they have had fry twice already. They are raising the second batch right now, and they are about 2 weeks free-swimming. Yesterday, my male started chasing my female away. If she got near, he would chase her back, even nip at her. She got extremely stressed, and her tail's even ripped. I've heard of this happening before, but why would it happen on their second batch of fry, when they're already two weeks old?

I moved the male to another tank for now, and I'm keeping the female with the fry. (She's doing better already) I want to put the male back in, but I'm scared this is just going to happen all over again.

Right now, they have a 39 gallon all to themselves, but I hope to get some dither fish very soon. I used to have some zebra danios, but they are moved now. I moved the zebra danios around a week or more ago.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-f_f!

Well, usually once they start fighting it's no good trying to keep them together. But chances are, if you let the female fatten up, and put her back in with the male, they will breed again. I am not sure how long the peace will hold. Maybe 2 weeks, maybe 2 days? Maybe forever. You never know their true reason for disliking their mate.

Thanks. I moved the fry (because they were harassing the female) and put the male back in. They are a pair again, but like you said, I don't know how long it will last. The female's so far already fattening up.

Most reactions

trending

Back