Koi with swim bladder

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dyood

Reaction score
hello, my dad pointed out to me that his koi is swimming upside down, and i noticed it has swim bladder.

I have fed him some peas and added in some pond bacteria medication, but is there anything else I can do for it?

All help is appreciated as I'm new to swim bladder issues and definitely ill and sick koi/pond fish

I am not so sure on how to help you here, but I can give you some advice. Boiled peas are used for helping with constipation in fish, and not directly for swim bladder issues.

Can you post some pictures and a short video of the fish swimming and not swimming?

Does the fish sink or float as soon as it stops swimming?
If not, then it doesn't have a swim bladder problem.

Is the fish in a pond or aquarium?
Either way, try doing a big (75%) daily water change and remove the gunk from the bottom.

Can you post some pictures and a short video of the fish swimming and not swimming?

Does the fish sink or float as soon as it stops swimming?
If not, then it doesn't have a swim bladder problem.

Is the fish in a pond or aquarium?
Either way, try doing a big (75%) daily water change and remove the gunk from the bottom.
It floats on its back as soon as it stops swimming

I'll try and get a video when I can, I have done the water change and clean, its in a pond but tight now its in its own pond

Upload the video to YouTube and then copy & paste the link here.

do another large water change today, try to clean the bottom of the pond too.
if you have a filter, clean that as well.

monitor the remaining fish for any unusual behaviour and post pics and videos as soon as you see anything out of the ordinary.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back