Koi Color Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

goldfishboy07

Reaction score
Hey there all! I bought my first Koi yesterday from the really nice selection that the local LFS had! The reason I got it was the color was rather interesting, alot different from the black and orange and yellow spotted ones as well as the greyish ones with different colors splashed across them. This one is a silver bluish metallic color, very shiney and very pretty. Any information on what type of color it will be when full size or will it change over time? Any help would be greatly appreicated! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

I'm an amateur at koi colors (have just started reading up about them) but it could just be a metallic blue koi. Or, if he has white and red/orange areas along with blue ones, he could be an Asagi:
20030831_03asagi_xena.jpg

Im sure koi dont change colour as readily as goldies do, so what the colour is will stay like that and maybe become more intense.

I hope its in a pond and not a tank.

Hey there all! I bought my first Koi yesterday from the really nice selection that the local LFS had! The reason I got it was the color was rather interesting, alot different from the black and orange and yellow spotted ones as well as the greyish ones with different colors splashed across them. This one is a silver bluish metallic color, very shiney and very pretty. Any information on what type of color it will be when full size or will it change over time? Any help would be greatly appreicated! Thanks everyone!!!! :)

sounds like a ginrin soragoi to me

(sora = sky (blue/grey) goi = fish, if its shiney scaled that would make it a gin rin, as soras get older they get a 'net like' pattern to the scaled like a chagoi and ochiba shigure

or could it be a shusui/asagi as the above photo ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back