Kissing Gourami Problems

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OscarCichlid

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought a kissing gourami for my 55 gallon tank. Everyone told me that they were very aggressive so i thought he would bbe fine but that didnt workout very well. The Blue/Gold/Opaline Gouramis beat him up pretty bad. He had no tail, no fins, and a hole in front of where his tail should be. All that happened in about a matter of five minutes. By the time i could catch him with the net i thought he was finished. Well I moved him from the 55 to my 29 gallon tank. All of the damage has healed except for the hole. He has missing skin right in front of his tail it looks like a scab that a person would get after having a cut. He has also become very lazy. He sits on the bottom of the tank and rarely moves. He does eat well but only when food reaches the bottom of the tank. Should i treat with MalaFix?? Should i just let him heal on his own (its been about 3 months and he still hasent healed), or should i do something eles???

I've very little experience with injuries - that said, a pleco of mine got very stuck in a worm feeder and injured himself - I used melfix and it was a dream. Might give it a try, I doubt it would hurt.

ALASKA

i also us melfix when my kissing gourami got injured one time, and it worked! good luck!

Thanks guys, My kisser is now back to his normal active self. Sucking the algea off of the glass. It worked great and very fast to. Also the size of his wound has reduced and it is no longer red..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back